Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-08-05, 05:46 PM   #97
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
BTW the best way to make money is to auction. I know you know that, I'm just messin with ya.
Actually the best way to make money is to farm continuously. I can bring in about 20g in 2 hours. Once i've gotten a fair bit of money, it's off to questing i go! 147g in the bank at the moment after about 8 hours of farming total. Combined with questing, i can get extremely good armour and weapons.

Also for FFA loot, i only set that if i'm personally running a guildie through an instance. i couldn't care less what drops. Everything is his. I do this very often through deadmines.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 06:23 PM   #98
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
Actually the best way to make money is to farm continuously.
Bah, screw that. So boring. It DOES work, though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 06:47 PM   #99
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
Also for FFA loot, i only set that if i'm personally running a guildie through an instance. i couldn't care less what drops. Everything is his. I do this very often through deadmines.
Exactly. I have done that in BFD a number of times. I have done it so many times and I don't need what is in there so I just set it to FFA and let them sort it out according to their needs and abilities.

BTW how do you farm?
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 11:29 PM   #100
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I find a place that has a high amount of creatures/humanoids. I then kill a few to see if they drop anything that is worth much. If it is, i farm. If it isn't, i don't farm and move on. PM me for farming secrets if you need lotsa cash quick. Depends on lvl though.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 03:37 AM   #101
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I grind the cats in STV if I need a bit of cash, 7 silver per whisker. Although I've moved onto enraged elementals in the badlands now, mainly for core of the earth so I can smith the shatterer.
Old 03-09-05, 08:55 AM   #102
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

I have 400 gold. Only 500g left until level 60 mount... so far away.

Mmm cheese.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 09:52 AM   #103
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

like 3 kills from 27

Just did RFK for first time as horde, was sweet, no Corpsemaker this time around though (ENHANCEMENT SHAMANS FOR THE WIN!)

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 11:21 AM   #104
UDawg
Retired spammer

Let ask you guys this. I was in a duel with a 33 hunter and I am a 33 warrior. I said we will duel but leave your 33 cat out. He didn't respond but I accepted already. So he sicks the cat on me and takes the usual pot shots from afar. I then kill the cat and get him down to just under half by using retaliation. My question is WTF good is it dueling a player when they have an animal? To me it is obsurd to fight two against one. I had no chance of winning. I said why did you not leave the cat out? He said that's the way it goes and any way who cares I won. Little prick. To me dueling should be between the same classes.

This all started when we were PVP against horde out front of Stromgarde. They keep targeting me because I was the lowest lvl and this pissy little warrior 34lvl troll would just sneak around and finish me off. I said fight me straight up and he did and I blasted him since all my armor is enchanted and I have just over 2k in total armor. Any way that was when i fought that hunter. He said for me to shut up and such when all I wanted was a one on one fight with that warrior.

Needless to say we constantly kicked the crap out of the horde but they had to retreat into a NPC Orc area which was smart but stipid at the same time. The only drew more alliance around because of a quest in the area. LOL

Another time we had that warrior troll dancing around trying to taunt us into following him to a 60 rouge that was stealth. Well he turned on PVP but I had full rage from a potien and clicked retaliation and wipped him out in no time flat. My whole guild was laughing thier arsses of on team speak because this lowley lvl 33 warrior just wasted one lvl up in the same class and it was like me fighting a lvl 20 warrior. My shinning moment.

The duel still pissed me off. I just don't think dueling is fun unless you are fighting the same class. Yes I have beaten other classes and I am not that good at dueling but to say you beat someone when you sicked their pet on them is pretty dumb IMO.

Old 03-09-05, 11:42 AM   #105
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

First of all, if PVP is what you're interested in, the Warrior is the worst class you could have picked. Not because they aren't good, but because they're very difficult to use effectively. First of all, you need to stance switch, especially on hunters. You NEVER attack a pet. EVER. It's a waste of time and accomplishes nothing. Start with a Charge to get some rage, followed by Hamstring and Rend. Stay on him and don't let him get out of melee range unless you plan to use Intercept (which you should). Use Sunder Armor as much as you can and keep up your Hamstring. If he gets out of melee range switch to Berserker Stance and Intercept. In fact, if the fight is going well, you should use Intercept as much as you can. Don't forget about your Overpower either. It's sick when fighting Rogues. Execute 4 teh win.

Against casters you're pretty much up the creek. Sorry.

And no offense but if I was a hunter and you asked me to duel without my pet, I'd tell you to shut up too. Hunters aren't tanks and they can't deal out as much melee damage as a warrior so they need to rely on range and their pets to survive. In a 1-on-1 with a hunter who couldn't use his pet in melee range, he'd never have a chance.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-09-05, 01:30 PM   #106
UDawg
Retired spammer

That was my point about sticking to fighting your own class. That was why I was challenging the troll. He was a warrior and a lvl up from me. This hunter didn't like that. I say don't act ****ey and say you beat a warrior with your pet. I stick to fighting warriors because it is a fair fight. He can't beat me with out the pet and he knows it so keep your ego in check and realize you cannot beat me one on one. My mistake was accepting the duel before we agreed to ditch the cat. Other wise I would not have dueld because it would be a waste of time because it was i the middle of the raid.

I dont mind losing duels cuz you learn a lot about fighting but just be a gentleman about it. At the end of the deul he said STFU I took care of you. I said ya with a cat and It was not you whom I was asking to fight it was another WARRIOR WHO WAS A LVL UP ON ME.

That stupid hunter was complaining because we would divide them up with our tactics and they keep coming back for more. They even out numbered us also and we still kicked arsse. It was not our fault they had no tactics.
Old 03-09-05, 01:34 PM   #107
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

You didn't have to fight his pet. The main reason hunters win duels is because the other player attacks the pet instead of the hunter. Anyway it sure sounds like this guy was a jerk, that's the danger of playing MMORPGs I guess.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-09-05, 01:40 PM   #108
UDawg
Retired spammer

Yeah it was fine and I did get excited over it. I also learned as you said to not fight the pet. I could have used my version of fear to drive the pet off for 5 seconds and it would have been over. It was good in the sense I learned a bit about dueling other classes.