Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-24-11, 04:36 PM   #1033
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Cata killed WoW for me. It is a big huge rehash. The new content was cool but there was so little of it. I have no interest in going back and doing the rehased quests. I did the new expansion and now I am out. It was fun but meh, other games are filling my mmo need.

BTW, why should 5 man bosses drop epics? I hated that about the last two expansions. You had to be EPICED out to do any higher end dungeons.

I liked the game of WoW but I have always hated the culture. The people in WoW are completely disgusting. That game brings out the worst in people.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 09:19 PM   #1034
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Cata killed WoW for me. It is a big huge rehash. The new content was cool but there was so little of it. I have no interest in going back and doing the rehased quests. I did the new expansion and now I am out. It was fun but meh, other games are filling my mmo need.

BTW, why should 5 man bosses drop epics? I hated that about the last two expansions. You had to be EPICED out to do any higher end dungeons.

I liked the game of WoW but I have always hated the culture. The people in WoW are completely disgusting. That game brings out the worst in people.
Agreed but people who play fps games online aren't much different, i played unreal/unreal tournament/ut2003/ut2004/UT3 from 1998-2008. Played tons of tournaments,cups etc hosted by clanbase.com and people who play that can be everybit as much of a tool as wow players. The only difference is that a LOT of wow players actually defend the developers and act like some selfappointed mini-mods and nothing is ever blizzard's fault, instead you get to hear L2P, qq moar etc. I hate that crowd, the malicious douchebags that can't even help people who ask for it without cracking jokes, trying to ridicule that person.

The last 2 expansion heroics bosses dropped epics, in wrath also the icecrown citadel normals+argent tournament 5 man normal did aswell. I started playing during the burning crusade and i don't give a rats ass about "vanilla" that every douchebag in trade claims to have played. If they like it so much create a new account and never upgrade, problem solved.

rant:

In bc you could actually craft some nice stuff for yourself (binds on pickup ofc) and grinding mats for them felt ok because you knew you would get a nice piece of armor etc as a reward. But now you have to play heroic 5 man to be able to craft anything apart from a blue basic pvp set for yourself. Everything uses chaos orbs wich are bop and only drop in hc's. I play this game to relax, i don't need a another job wich wow is becoming for many and you more or less have to be in a raiding guild to even have a chance to complete heroics. I can't even make a blue level 85 weapon without chaos orbs, if you can't craft anything worthwhile there's simply no point in crafting at all. Cata is killing the game for me aswell but for different reasons.

/end rant.
Old 01-25-11, 01:00 PM   #1035
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post

Unless you raid or do competitive PVP, the current WoW endgame is a wasteland. I don't even log on any more unless it's raid night (btw the raids are awesome).

Absolutely correct about the game community. I don't know if it's ever been worse. Fortunately I have enough friends in game that I don't need to interact with the masses of 16 year old 4chan addicts. Though, like sammy sung pointed out, pretty much any online community is like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
I play this game to relax, i don't need a another job wich wow is becoming for many and you more or less have to be in a raiding guild to even have a chance to complete heroics.
This is an absurd statement. I was pugging heroics 3 days after release without any major problems and completed my meta achievement on December 23rd. I did maybe 2 or 3 runs a day. Some of the more difficult achievements I completed with my friends, but none of us had seen raid content by then. Our guild didn't start raiding until three weeks ago, so it's not because of that. I'm not all up in arms about people whining about the difficulty, I know it's a change, but play your class well and take some time to coordinate with your group, and any of the new heroics can be completed in 30 to 45 minutes, tops. Crafting blue 346 weapons is a colossal waste of materials. Do the ring of blood quest in Twilight Highlands for your 333 weapon then run heroics until you get a 346. BTW 346 blues are comparable in relative quality to starter epics from Wrath.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 04:45 PM   #1036
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Unless you raid or do competitive PVP, the current WoW endgame is a wasteland. I don't even log on any more unless it's raid night (btw the raids are awesome).

Absolutely correct about the game community. I don't know if it's ever been worse. Fortunately I have enough friends in game that I don't need to interact with the masses of 16 year old 4chan addicts. Though, like sammy sung pointed out, pretty much any online community is like this.

This is an absurd statement. I was pugging heroics 3 days after release without any major problems and completed my meta achievement on December 23rd. I did maybe 2 or 3 runs a day. Some of the more difficult achievements I completed with my friends, but none of us had seen raid content by then. Our guild didn't start raiding until three weeks ago, so it's not because of that. I'm not all up in arms about people whining about the difficulty, I know it's a change, but play your class well and take some time to coordinate with your group, and any of the new heroics can be completed in 30 to 45 minutes, tops. Crafting blue 346 weapons is a colossal waste of materials. Do the ring of blood quest in Twilight Highlands for your 333 weapon then run heroics until you get a 346. BTW 346 blues are comparable in relative quality to starter epics from Wrath.
Whats absurd about it? I think you that not only leveled to 85 in 3 days but also got good enough gear to pug heroics successfully in that time is very far from the norm here. People are having issues, ghostcrawler even had to make a post about his wiews on the matter so it's there even if there's no problems for you personally(nor me yet). And i know that crafting blue weapons is a waste of mats but i would have liked to be able to craft them regardless. It's definatly not an absurd statement about the grinding, everytime i find or hear about a good farming spot for cloth you can be sure it will be nerfed shortly and this is what i mean about another job, i work fulltime already so having to farm for hours each night just to level your profession up kinda sucks, especially since the 16 year olds you mentioned sell the same crafted items on AH for 10% of the mats cost. I used to like the professions i had but it's completly insane now, not worth the effort.

Do it as before, make the finer plans bop dungeon drops because the effect is the same but it would save a lot of frustration for a lot of people that can't find much meaning in leveling a profession to 525. Enchanting for example, you have to disenchant epics to purchase the best enchants recipes and those epics only drop in raids OR you can make them if you have chaos orbs that only drop in heroics. All of them has maelstrom crystals as an ingredient aswell, you can't see how that can be incredibly frustrating to people ?

I used to do the daily random heroic with 6 chars in wrath but now i'm still leveling up my last char so dungeons will have to wait. My main has 341 itemlevel in both tank and dps spec but i will do tons of normals first to gear up with jp/reprewards before even attempting heroics again.
Old 01-25-11, 04:45 PM   #1037
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Just replace UT2004 with WoW... It still works.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 06:33 AM   #1038
Rakeesh

I just quit wow, they killed world pvp in this expansion, kinda ruined the game for me. That and they are about to uber nerf my main (feral druid.)

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 06:40 AM   #1039
K007

i quit when they killed lich king/arthas...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 12:15 AM   #1040
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I'll quit when theres something better that comes along. ;p

Old 01-31-11, 09:18 AM   #1041
Yaboze

I love WoW, but I'm getting towards the end. The community seems to be getting worse, the B-Team running the game now seems clueless and confused as to what they want to do with the classes. They did some big nerfs in 4.x.x only to change some stuff back to some middle ground. Example, an AOE skill does 150% weapon damage, they reduce it to 60% then months later increase it to 80% (just picking numbers here).

All the loot and mob health numbers are so jacked, it's crazy. At this rate, we'll all have 1 million health by level 100 when it comes.

A fresh 80 in crap gear had maybe 30k health after the recent changes, maybe 20k pre 4.x.x. Now, a fresh 85 has over 100k health. Insane.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 10:28 AM   #1042
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Well, I think what we have is culture shock, based on feedback from my guild, and others. WotLK was super noob fest r us, ez to get epics, lots of places to get epics from, ez raids, everything was ez mode, save the top top top 25mans in heroic mode.

Now WOW dev team made it closer to like it was in vanilla, and now people are crying, there isn't a lot of stuff to do in end-game, it forces people to find guilds and do raid content.

What I would like to see, is, keep some of the harder Heroic 5 man's and give epics at the last boss. Make more mediocre heroics for lvl 340-346 or possibly 350 gear. Then add a few more raid instances with new/more epic gear, and in-between Heroic 372 and 359 gear.

That way, you have a much better chance of getting epics if you are casual, but at the same time, you have a better chance of getter more epic gear in smaller guilds.

People, even as it is now, it is A BILLION TIMES MORE EASIER THEN VANILLA!!! Vanilla you didn't have half the stuff you have available to you! Quest helper is huge, random dungeon finder (cross relm) FREAKIN HUGE!!!!

Those things were the massive time sync's that everyone had in vanilla, I don't care what people think, those things made people have no life. And I'm glad it's not completely like that anymore, yeah stats are sky-high but that's how blizz is changing the game. If you think about it, they were going to include "hero classes" ever since the beginning, so one could assume that they will make that possible in the near future, especially with how stats are going.

I will say that, not everyone is a dev e-peen massager, ever since vanilla, class specific forums have always complained about the necessary nerfs and what not. So I don't really see where all the brown-nosing is coming from. MAYBE if you goto blizzcon and are trying to milk the devs for info or something or sit on their laps or w/e.

This game is pretty nice right now, my main being huntard, DPS is awesome, too bad they're nerfing surv pretty massively, which they always nerf the crap out of huntards. I'm finding that my 68 priest is actually quite fun, switching from deeps, to healing, and getting almost insta-queues!! FTW!!! It's a nice, fun-filled change and challenge, I find it almost equally as fun as with hunter. Especially when you have noob tanks pulling the whole room in sethekk halls, but getting my twink (heirloomed) priest to save the group (thank you disc shields ftw) gives me quite a sense of accomplishment. I will say that if a noob hunter fires a shot at a group because they are spamming buttons (I know cause I've done my fair share) that I will not save them due to them not FD'n or at least MD'n to tank.

Haven't lost a tank cept when the whole room gets pulled plus boss (only once and his own fault). OKAY yeah, maybe I'm stroken the peen a bit, but it's way fun, and different!
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 04:36 PM   #1043
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

The game has become too mainstream now, and the majority of subs come from mouthbreathing knuckle dragging retards. I think we got a ton of Xbox live idiots since TBC. With each expansion afterward their numbers have increased 100 fold.

The game altogether is just stale, and I think many people are starting to see it now.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 04:38 PM   #1044
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
The game has become too mainstream now, and the majority of subs come from mouthbreathing knuckle dragging retards. I think we got a ton of Xbox live idiots, since TBC has with each expansion after their numbers have increased 100 fold.

The game altogether is just stale, and I think many people are starting to see it now.
There isn't any difference between PC gamers and console gamers save for a keyboard and mouse. They both act the same. Trying to pretend PC gamers are a higher form of gamer is silly.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote