Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-08, 09:57 AM   #961
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I got back into the game a few weeks back, went back to my level 60 warrior and upgraded to tbc, cheated slightly and may have got some gold from a Chinese bloke.

Got up to 63 now I think and been doing groups in the blood furnace and ramparts as a prot tank and getting a lot of group invites. I've learned not to agree to group unless they have a healer ready though.

PUGS = bad
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 07:40 AM   #962
Son Goku

Even if a healer is there, it can be bad. On my it's now a lvl 68 warrior, I had some people who wanted me to come to BF. The guy was 66 at the time. The healer was decent, not the prob, but the lock and the hunter turned out to be played by the same person.

So here I am, counting on CC with some of the mobs, and then wondering what's going on with the traps, why I'm second on the DPS meter while tanking, etc, etc.... Then after some bad going, someone I know commented, and I PSTed (not wanting to say publically) if he was saying these 2 characters were one and the same person. He said yes, the person was trying to play 2 chars in the same instnace and had to keep alt + tabing, ugh. Given they were the only 2 CC in the run...

And in a perfect example of just why friends should identify themself, when comming on alts so as not to get mistaken for someone else; when I logged my hunter in today I got absolutely and positively mobed by not just 1 or 2 beggers. But I had 10 all PST me at the immediate instant I logged in, and even if one isn't dealign with random beggers, these were, multi-tasking that many convs at once can grow a little over-whelming

But those 10 PSTing me via /w all at the same time, all wanting to beg for whatever they think they can get out of me, for no other reason then I just logged; was only the half of it. Because in addition, more then a few others were calling out my name specifically in /s with, you guessed it, more things they wanted me to give them. And of course every one of them wants an immediate response and grows impatient if one doesn't just agree to give them all their wants and desires, now, now, now Then in the midst of all that, one person, who I guess is sort of an acquintance was trying to PST just to say hello and chat in the midst of it, but it was exactly like sitting in a crowded room where everyone is trying to shout and talk to you "this instant", no one wanting to take turns on anything.

Oh, and man, speaking of that sorta thing, not in game, but the other night when I was at a resturant, there was a table of 4 girls and 1 guy. Their conversations consisted of no one taking turns at anything, and everyone trying to shout over each other so they could be heard also. Only problem, the louder one became, the louder the others became. So now the waitress (who at this point was avoiding this section of the resturant, which left service sorta wanting), finally came over.

In terms of putting my desert order in, we were needign to communicate, and I could not hear a word the waitress was saying over this, and vice versa. I couldn't even hear myself speak through this, let along the waitress... She, unable to do her job, and with me wanting to rush to just get outa there, finally left for other tables, in another part of the resturant where it was possible to hear anyone else. I finally had to go to the manager, and order away from the table; who in the end, ended up deciding she wouldn't charge me full price for the meal, with the wait staff and the customers unable to communicate with each other, over that. A meal that would normally have taken 45 mins from the time I walked in, to leaving, ended up taking 2 hours in the midst of all that.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 08:27 PM   #963
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
And in a perfect example of just why friends should identify themself, when comming on alts so as not to get mistaken for someone else; when I logged my hunter in today I got absolutely and positively mobed by not just 1 or 2 beggers. But I had 10 all PST me at the immediate instant I logged in, and even if one isn't dealign with random beggers, these were, multi-tasking that many convs at once can grow a little over-whelming
I never get asked for gold...ever!
Its weird....
Maybe I just look poor?
Old 02-11-08, 06:12 PM   #964
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
PUGS = bad
Some of them have been pretty decent that I've been involved in, my favourite are the all cloth/leather groups where we have myself tanking, a priest a rogue or hunter and two casters, that way I get the decent plate and warrior drops to myself.

I've got a advantage going into groups now since I've fully specced into protection and have picked up some decent tanking gear since tanks are a rarity these days.
Old 02-11-08, 06:22 PM   #965
Dvahlish

Quote:
Some of them have been pretty decent that I've been involved in, my favourite are the all cloth/leather groups where we have myself tanking, a priest a rogue or hunter and two casters, that way I get the decent plate and warrior drops to myself.

I've got a advantage going into groups now since I've fully specced into protection and have picked up some decent tanking gear since tanks are a rarity these days.
I have been in some awful pugs.
I like to have fun when Im doing instances and I have had some ppl that havent said a word the whole way through, or have just had an awful attitude and then /ragequit when things dont go thier way.

And tanks.....my god I have seen some tanks with the most arrogant attitudes ever.

For these reasons I willbarely ever do a high level instance with a pug these days.
Im not big on instances and raids anyway.....Im a rogue and I prefer my PVP.
Old 02-11-08, 10:57 PM   #966
Redshirt #24

While I've seen my share of lousy and even trainwreck-on-wax PUGs, overall I've had relatively good luck with them. I'm in a fairly casual guild, though, so I kind of have to rely on PUGs to get stuff.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Apple 30" Cinema Display
CM HAF X

Ever notice how the more people talk about something, the more you tend to hate it?
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 07:05 AM   #967
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

The worst I was on involved a paladin healing who couldn't keep up with the heals and dps that simply couldn't dps. I think it was in the ramparts and after wiping three times on that damn dragon I left that group.
Old 02-12-08, 01:07 PM   #968
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

I think my first Ramparts pug,

Shadow Priest healing. Kept popping in and out of Shadow Form to DPS, of course never used VT or VE.

A Hunter that "forgot" to pick up ammo, but hey id didn't matter, 'cause he had Fiery on his axe! Also left his pet on Aggresive.

Warrior (our tank) that refused to use a shield because he couldn't DPS.

Mage that was never there. I think he made some water at the start and was never seen from again and ended up self booting for being AFK for so long.

Hate pugs..

Old 02-12-08, 03:37 PM   #969
Dvahlish

Quote:
The worst I was on involved a paladin healing who couldn't keep up with the heals and dps that simply couldn't dps. I think it was in the ramparts and after wiping three times on that damn dragon I left that group.
Yeh..These days if I get a bad pug group...I just leave.
I cant be bothered with the messing about and the repairs.

AS I said, Im not big on instances anyway...Im mainly pvp, so when I do an instance, I like to get in...do stuff fast and then get out.
Minimum hassle, maximum result.

IUm in a pretty casual guild that was made from a group of our real life friends, but we are growing in size now and more and more 70's are arriving, so we normally have enough when doing Ramps, SP, UB etc......

Heroics and raids will be a different story.
Old 05-13-08, 09:42 PM   #970
Phyre

Damn. Wrong thread.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 09:46 PM   #971
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I never get asked for gold...ever!
Its weird....
Maybe I just look poor?
Not that many beggars on the server i'm on (Bloodscalp pvp) but its happened a few times when boosting someone through a lesser instance a few times so he can get that blue drop needed,then when leaving they want you to give them gold aswell.Kinda makes you not want to help people the next time.
Old 08-21-08, 01:08 PM   #972
Mr.Schme

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Not that many beggars on the server i'm on (Bloodscalp pvp) but its happened a few times when boosting someone through a lesser instance a few times so he can get that blue drop needed,then when leaving they want you to give them gold aswell.Kinda makes you not want to help people the next time.
theres no shame over the internet
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote