Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-07, 06:48 PM   #949
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

I think it's due to people buying accounts etc.

I rerolled on a server that some RL friends are on and they have offered to let me have one of their other toons, but I like leveling (for the play-style experience) and making a name of my own.

On that note, I can't wait for patch 2.3.
15% less XP between levels from 1 to 60.
Also, more XP from quests.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....515549&sid=1#0
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 08:55 PM   #950
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I have a 29 hunter and 35 warlock I'm leveling and the changes to XP will be more than welcome. I'm also really excited about the season 1 glad gear going to be the new honor set since my little circle of friends quit playing I have no arena team.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 08:28 AM   #951
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Anyone else noticed the number of, I'll be polite here, inexperienced lvl 60+s of late? Perhaps this coinciding with, when on alts it's next to impossible to find groups for lower lvl instnaces as everyone gets rushed?

The other day, we decided to have a sorta fun run through ZG. We did end up excepting some lvl 60+s who were not in guild though. It was the absolute worst raid any of us have ever seen. Things were more organized our first time in Gruul's this week (without these lower lvls being PuGed), though we still haven't quite got the pull for the first boss yet. This is saying something as we still don't have the pull for first boss in Gruul's worked out just yet, but getting there.

OK, it's only ZG, and not a lvl 70 raid; but still it's no trash through BRD (which I could and have rushed people through parts on my hunter before), especially with 61s and 62s in group. What we got was the lowbies running around and pulling everything, constantly needing to be resed. Then there was the thing where the tanks, weren't umm, allowed to tank at all, as these 60-63s kept thinking of it as a rush through lowbie instances, and would run around hitting everything/dragging them to all the higher lvl players (not necessarily tanks, but even squishies).

I remember when we did that in my first guild a year ago. At lvl 60, and with far less gear, we never had that much trouble, even our first time in when we were just learning the instance; and mind you downed 1 or 2 bosses first time in. This time, we didn't even make it up to a boss, with the lvl 62s and stuff we found. I never thought, a ZG could have gone that bad, with outland geared, especially as we did have 20 people (overkill with 70s) between the whole lvl range....
eBay FTW. No, I'm serious. Many old players who stopped before TBC came out sold their accounts (quite a few that I used to raid with even) and total newcomers who have no idea how to play are starting off the game with Tier 2+ epics at level 60 and going from there. Don't be surprised that they're totally clueless.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 12:40 AM   #952
Son Goku

OK, I have to give just a little rant here; largely because I got one from one of these spell casters who insists on kiting mobs away from the melee guys, so they have to keep chasing them down.

Just today, when doing "drill the drillmaster" on my lvl 60 warrior, I had an elemental shammy in the group who fit in this category. The person wouldn't even let me get 1 hit in, would all out DPS, and started kiting the mob all over kingdom come (but always away from me) as fast as the person could move. I'm there, running after it, trying to get a hit in, generate some rage, etc...

So then the person complains I'm not tanking it for them, as the person keeps running mobs away from me, and doesn't even allow me to get 1 hit in, let along get a sunder, or something. OK, my guy is fury spec, so right off the bat won't have increased threat from proc spacific talens, but no one can taunt and stuff without rage The person, also seemingly at least had no threat meter (or at least KTM wasn't showing anything on their threat), and seemed to totally miss the point on how threat is generated. My run speed, is also not greater then others.

Back when I was lvling my rogue, I got the same thing. In group with spell casters, and they'd run away from me as fast as possible, and incidently couldn't get the finishing moves in. It's come to the point, that if people are going to insist on kiting or fearing mobs away from me, I'm not even going to try to constantly catch up to them at a certain point, till they get the idea It's a forgone conclusion people don't just out-run each other, as without something (like a paly has a skill for increased run speed, hunters have aspect of the cheetah, etc); people aren't going to out-run each other.

There's always the age old joke about the mage tank. And in kara, we have a mage who has a knack for randomly pulling stuff or gaining highest threat rather suddenly (last week, we had romulo and julliet randomly start when the mage was the only person down near the thing, and the mage running back with a couple mobs; raid leader telling everyone to run back at this point so it resets, mage died. As a funny aside, when her brother was invited to guild, his first words were

Quote:
Hey, I'm so and so's brother. Don't worry, I don't die as much as my sister. I've been watching you guys in kara.
So now, with my having to tell the person to stop DPSing for a sec, and stop running mobs from me, the person (also 1 lvl higher, and my having to hit orange mobs, 3+ lvls above me), complains that my DPS was lower then his/hers. And mind you, this person took excursions away to clear things out to go mining, aka mobs only he/she was killing, before I ran back to finish clearing the these side excursions away from the actual quest chain.

Is it such a hard concept that melee guys, umm need to be in melee range to hit things, and that they can't if one constantly runs all mobs away from them? Is it also so hard for some people to understand that if they start mass-DPSing before another person can get any hits/get hit by, they will pull agro before any rage can be generated?

If I did that on my hunter, I'd be dieing all the time, and not a single tank in the the raids I'm (not just a single quest like drill the drill master) could do anything. It's all too easy for my main to get more threat (as shown by KTM) then the OT, though waiting for 3 sunders it does stay below the MT, especially as I've started getting kara gear. Still have to feign and stuff though. ./yawn I wish some spell casters wouldn't expect every melee guy to have to run after, or range everything down while tanking it. If these people must run mobs, could they at least run them towards us, if they can't wait for a few hits before going full out DPS?
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 02:00 PM   #953
jolle

Man, this new spam form is making the game almost unenjoyable.
I think they use some sort of automated process to create a lvl1 human warrior, invite people from the "who" list into a group, spam in part chat and disband, invite next in list etc.

Which means I get 5 concurrent group invites every other minuite or so.
A quick fix is to put the character on Ignore, then after 5 mins it seems they have deleted that char and created a new, cause a new name (again, lvl1 human warrior) will spam group invs..

After playing a full day with this going on and on and on, no matter where in the world I am, its getting PRETTY DAMN OLD!!!
They should put in a restriction so you cant Party Invite until lvl2 or 3 or something to prevent this. (no doubt they´ll find other annyoing ways along side the usual shouting in the cities, spamming trade channel etc)

I belive they´re spamming about some cheat tool, some website.
Didnt really pay attention to what they said first time it happened and I accepted the invitation.
Old 12-07-07, 02:42 PM   #954
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
I think they use some sort of automated process to create a lvl1 human warrior, invite people from the "who" list into a group, spam in part chat and disband, invite next in list etc.

A quick fix is to put the character on Ignore, then after 5 mins it seems they have deleted that char and created a new, cause a new name (again, lvl1 human warrior) will spam group invs..

After playing a full day with this going on and on and on, no matter where in the world I am, its getting PRETTY DAMN OLD!!!
They should put in a restriction so you cant Party Invite until lvl2 or 3 or something to prevent this. (no doubt they´ll find other annyoing ways along side the usual shouting in the cities, spamming trade channel etc)

I belive they´re spamming about some cheat tool, some website.
Didnt really pay attention to what they said first time it happened and I accepted the invitation.
That sort of spamming tends to drop off as you get more levels. They seem to be targeting the newbies, who I guess they are thinking are more interested in buy gold or whatever.
Old 12-07-07, 03:15 PM   #955
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
That sort of spamming tends to drop off as you get more levels. They seem to be targeting the newbies, who I guess they are thinking are more interested in buy gold or whatever.
Sounds reasonable, never happened before and I had just started a new char.
Still, they´ve hounded me for 18 levels now.. bastards..
Old 12-07-07, 04:28 PM   #956
Tr1cK
not coming back

Try /DND
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-07, 08:22 PM   #957
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Try /DND
Didnt work, the bastards!
Old 01-03-08, 05:29 AM   #958
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
I've got this in Winterspring, and higher zones, except it becomes mount financing, get your epic flyer, 5,000 g for $100 USD, whatever. I've even got the power lvling spam, and couldn't help but be puzzled with how a lvl 70 woudl get power lvled Throw the constant spam if one goes into SW or whatever, "murloc movie night", and the number of lowbies who all start begging for gold, items, rushes, technical support advise, how do I fix my computer, everything else; it becomes prudent to tune a lot of chat out while in town. One just can't follow 20 people all shouting at one, with 5,000 people spamming trade all at the same time, and try to follow it all, while also being busy one's self.

Before Bliz broke spam sentry, it was better, one could block the spams so they wouldn't appear on screen, then file a GM report when one has time to look over it. But Bliz demanded no, and disabled GM reporting from addons. Their report spam feature simply won't prevent one from having to see it all in real time, and it's the time consuming, and quite harassing nature of having to look at it "now, now, now" which can get to be too much. Imagine email spam were to move over to instant messaging programs, with a ding, "you've got mail", or popup everytime someone messages you. That's about the size of it. Least in email, one doesn't have to have it presented to them when they are not checkign email.
Old 01-03-08, 06:23 AM   #959
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle

Yeah I've seen it, and it got old months ago. Ever since the patch where Blizzard killed spam sentry, and to not look totally unresponsive to the spam complaints put spam reporting in the interface and blocked PST from 10 day trial accounts. This was the spammers way around. It worked for about 3 hours, and then the spammers and gold sellers started devising methods such as this one, to get around the restrictions to 10-day accounts.

After like a half a year of this, coinciding with all the beggers, the "it's your fault I have to live with sucky gear, you won't give me 100 g", and whatever else; I'm actually beyond the point of even careing whether I might appear "nice" if I just give the beggers, the spammers, the gold sellers, whatever else a rebuff for all of this.

What makes it worse though, is that before all this hit the fan and got even half as bad as it's developed into currently; Gilthanas, someone who I considered to be one of my best friend's fell into this in a quite messed up way. He came to me on some alt I had only seen 1 time, some half year earlier, for about a minute or so as he told me "this is another one of my characters, but I don't really play him anymore"; and unrecognized I took him for someone else. Getting griefed by someone else, and actually running into more then a few harassing game players around that time, for which I had relogged to get away from it, I mistook im for one of them. I didn't even remember such a char existed until several months after the fact, and to this day still don't know the name, nor would I be able to just identify it on sight, without some prompting of "jogging" of my memory.

Just going along with it, believing he was following my wishes (he wasn't), rather then recognizing "oh, I musta stepped in something here, and he has no idea who I am"; he just took it for granted that I would know, and now falsely believes I hate him and don't want him around anymore, both untrue. Since then, almost everyone I have known has realm transfered or whatever, though one friend came back after many months absent. And in the midst of that, at times seems these bots, gold sellers, beggers, are the only constant, bleh.... And yet the spammers and the beggers are precisely the one's I don't care to have to listen to, and this after a half a year of what you've been looking at.

The worst is, he won't see it, or perhaps is totally unable to understand with much going on while he's been gone; and even if he were to appear to me, would still expect me to mystically know things that aren't even visable; and while beating around the bush (at which I could only guess after the fact, not even guessing at the moment); will assume that everything that happens, is said, whatever must be personal, and has to be directed towards him. And yet perhaps unwilling to face the possibility it was never really so much him, as these other announying ones... I don't know which is worse, the prospect a good friend is gone like this forever, or that he might have tried to contact me again, while looking like one of these others because, he seems unwilling to stop stop beating around the bush, remains cryptic, and in the process continues to appear to be one of these others he probably never even came to learn "oh so they're not doing that, since I had left".

Quote:
Though even lvl 2s and I've seen 5s spam gold selling. And tbh, there really is no quest in game in a nub zone where one should need a party before lvl 5 or so. Even back when I got the game, I hadn't partied with anyone until after I left Aldrasil and was already into Dolonar. By the time one hits Princess, Hogger, Oakenskowl, etc, a party can start comming into play as necessary... On the other hand, for a high lvl to go and rush some random starting char for the high lvl, beyond time consuming, on some classes (hunter for instance) can also be expensive. Ikarus won't kill without eating, and as I now use the kara arrows, there's probably not a zone before the lvl 50 something (maybe 40 something) which has decent enough drops for me to break even on the food/amo costs spent just to fight.

Now if it's a friend, and I know it's a friend, that's one thing. But to have to use up a quiver full of 80 s per stack arrows, and lvl 65 meat for my raptor, for some complete stranger who wants me to do everything for them which is easily soloable, the whole time giving them all drops (which couldn't even cover my expenditures to fight anyhow); soz that's just asking a lot. And what many of these people can't even imagine is, they're not the only one with expenses.

Hell I just had to buy a flying mount (900 g) for my rogue to get third kara frag, my 67 warrior (almost 68) is in Netherstorm on a 60% mount, because I still can't afford the 630 g for his epic land (though am working it back), and I had to buy like 120 over-priced thorium bars (having mined what I could find), out of the 400 or 450 he needed to hit 300 blacksmithing on my warrior, so I could use up the fel iron I had in stock, and hit by now 340 BS to make gear he can now use. And speaking of gear, once one starts hitting what one will have around lvl 70, there's socketing, and latter enchanting the stuff... Nub beggers who wil whine and throw temper tantrums if they can't get that lowbie epic; seem to have no clue about the expenses at higher lvls, only hearing rumors of the money that could be made, and would probably be surprised if they knew how little money people had left after buying a mount, gear, enchant, whatever (for instance to prepare a char for kara), 350-375 trade professions, etc.

Ugh, don't get me started on these... Imagine how you felt over a day of it, and now multiply it by half a year or more. That's about how I feel now...
Old 01-03-08, 09:26 AM   #960
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I got back into the game a few weeks back, went back to my level 60 warrior and upgraded to tbc, cheated slightly and may have got some gold from a Chinese bloke.

Got up to 63 now I think and been doing groups in the blood furnace and ramparts as a prot tank and getting a lot of group invites. I've learned not to agree to group unless they have a healer ready though.