Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-04-05, 04:57 AM   #85
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Well I'm not arguing that a priest is a extremely tough fight for a warrior, but generally most people underestimate warriors and get quite a shock when the warrior starts winning

My level 35 killed a 43 undead rogue the other day although I did get healing from a guild mate.

Edit: I've never really seen a mage been too powerful, generally we take one along because polymorph is extremely useful. It could be worse I guess, they could be warlocks
Mages are EXTREMELY powerful when played correctly. I went through Maraudon at level 45 with a group from my guild including a 60 paladin and 60 mage. Its insane the damage the mage can do, nothing has the crowd controlling skills a mage does. I was very impressed.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 05:14 AM   #86
ChrisRay

My Shadow Priest just got Shadow Form today. Wow is it totally awesome. My DPS shot up a good 15% by that alone. Tackle Shadow Weaving and Darkness she's kicking arse.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 06:58 AM   #87
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
Mages are EXTREMELY powerful when played correctly. I went through Maraudon at level 45 with a group from my guild including a 60 paladin and 60 mage. Its insane the damage the mage can do, nothing has the crowd controlling skills a mage does. I was very impressed.
I'll have to tell my guild mate to stick with it then since we only have one mage
Old 03-04-05, 09:12 AM   #88
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

My shaman ( now almost 22) >> Mages

But my 42 rogue owns shamans if I get cheap shot in, STUN LOCK FOR THE WIN!

Frost shock and fire totem wins!

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 09:49 AM   #89
vampireuk
**** Holster

I had a battle with a shaman before, the idiot didn't use a single totem and tried to beat me using melee combat. Needless to say he was running back from the graveyard.
Old 03-04-05, 10:46 AM   #90
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Quote:
I had a battle with a shaman before, the idiot didn't use a single totem and tried to beat me using melee combat. Needless to say he was running back from the graveyard.
My tactics for melee are (using totem stopper of course) Fire Totem>Stoneskin totem>Frost Shock>Healing stream totem>Fire Blast>Melee>lesser healing wave>he's dead.

For casters it's just using Strength of earth instead of Stoneskin and take out healing stream, and replace fire blast with earth shock

Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
Old 03-07-05, 05:24 AM   #91
vampireuk
**** Holster

This weekend I hit level 40, from the secret (and last) boss in the Scarlet Monastary. From there I hearthed out straight away to get my mount

Mounts rock!
Old 03-07-05, 08:09 AM   #92
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I took a break from my 42 rogue last week and started a shaman which is now lvl 24 almost 25. Went and killed in the deadmines, PK'd a bunch of alliance then hearthed back and tradeskilled! Btw I'm on the new PvP server Firetree with my shaman

Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:

Old 03-07-05, 03:03 PM   #93
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
This weekend I hit level 40, from the secret (and last) boss in the Scarlet Monastary. From there I hearthed out straight away to get my mount

Mounts rock!
When did you start saving for a horsie. I have no money because I keep helping my guildies out with BS and giving drops to them. The good side is we have a bunch of lower lvls that have lvld' up really quickly but as I said I am broke at lvl33. Oh and I only get to play about a hour and a half a nite.

Oh and our guild leader sets group setting to free-for-all and that means I NEVER GET ONE FRIKING DROP! How can people get the drops before I even click on the body? Are they using a hack or what. Either way he rapes us all on the drops. Granted he is very generious on giving equipment, patters and what not but man it was pissing me off. I was in a major drop zone with the ogres and wanted to cash in.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 03:17 PM   #94
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Whoa dude, I would NEVER play with ANYONE on free-for-all. He's not really doing you any favors by passing out the stuff he doesn't want. I guarantee once that blue drops he grabs it up and keeps it. Remember that a lot of the better items are bind-on-pickup as well. If that's how they run their groups I'd ask them to start using group loot or start looking for another guild. The best way to make money is by selling stuff at the AH, and getting "leftovers" isn't gonna cut it.

Some people are very skilled at grabbing up drops literally the instant the mob dies. Free loot is really only good if you're farming mobs for quest items, and even then it's not a very good idea.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 04:52 PM   #95
UDawg
Retired spammer

I hear ya and that is what pissed me off. It was just the last two guild groups we whent on that he has done this. I cannot just slam the guy becuase he does a lot for the guild and helped me lvl up by 5 in a very short amount of time by getting every one to do instances with me. How ever I was pissed and there was a blue claymore I really wanted as a back up when my main blue sword was broken.

When I lead groups it is always set to uncommon and I set the rules before we group and everyone is happy. Basically I do what is normal. The only thing I hate is when people do not listen to rolling on chests. I also hate it when they win and take it regardless if they need it. If I see another priest take a 2H sword just to sell it, I will scream, especially when it would be a upgrade. If it isn't a upgrade I don't mind so much.

BTW the best way to make money is to auction. I know you know that, I'm just messin with ya.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 07:07 PM   #96
vampireuk
**** Holster

When I BS I make sure that people in the guild supply me with the items that are required or they pay the cost of me purchasing them. I started saving when I was level 30 for my mount, I'm now just finishing buying the rest of my skills and I have just finished my weaponsmith quest too. Free for all sucks for groups, request that it is set to group loot. Sounds like he is just way too greedy.