Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-27-07, 12:39 PM   #937
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
I think it means please send tell, but I'm not for certain.
That it does!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 01:27 PM   #938
superklye

kthxbai
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 02:23 PM   #939
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
kthxbai

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 01:33 AM   #940
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Yeah I went hunter when I realized how overpowered they were after just messing around with a low level one... my current pet has over 100hp more then I do aswell as does more dmg then I (can't out agro him).
That situation doesn't remain however. At lvl 70, I do way more damage then my pet does, and I also have several thousand more HP then my pet. My pet still has a lot more armor then I do however...

In actual practice, at lower levels I could take several elites at higher lvl then myself. However with lvl 60 elites and above (where quite frankly the spread in hp, dps, and other stats very wildly), this is almost a hit and miss. One just learns what fits where. For instance, lvl 60 frostmaul giants are quite different then the lvl 60 silithid that comes out of the hive (which is much more like a mob from Zul'Gurub) from the Cenarion Circle. The former I could solo on my hunter, the latter I still did solo at lvl 60, but died and had to come back. Because the CC was still engaged in battle with it when I came back, I was able to revive pet, feed him, get ready, and re-enter the battle even after death and still got credit. At lvl 66, and Outland equiped, I still couldn't solo the lvl 60 elite blue dragonkin Scryer in the cave in Winterspring to get up to the person to finish the Onyxia attunement chain, alliance side. Called a friend in, 64 dwarf hunter who thought "it can't possibly be that bad". When he got there he was like OMG, as he and his pet died, same with my pet and me having to feign.

Finally a 3 man, with a lvl 70 human paladin which had run Karazhan and was equiped practically in all kara epics, resulted in us 3 manning him down, with the paly having to constantly heal himself while tanking...

At lvl 70, I was able to solo about 1/4 of Scholo, however there was a few deaths along the way, other times having to feign, and I of course still had to be careful, and even pot some. At higher levels, and especially when going into end game, things do even out subtantially. As hunter, the beginning of kara attunement wasn't easy as pie, and yet I was able to do dragonkin menace (first part of ony attunement) solo, which required killing elite dragonkin in Burning Steppes at lvl 51. On the orc hunter who was a newer char, I was able to push it back with killing a black drake and stuff at lvl 50, solo... I did end up grouping for even some of the "before instance" parts to kara attunement, in part though because another warrior was on it.

True however (though not at lvl 51) that my hunter had several pieces of ZG gear, parts of tier 0.5, and some epics like helm of narv at lvl 60, whereas at 70 he's not yet attuned and is mostly in Outland blues, with only 2 Outland greens left. Spec wise, with my out-dpsing my pet on char screen by about 150 dps, and my having a couple thousand more hp, I'm largely BM spec, with 41 points in beast mastery, and 20 points in marksmanship.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 02:18 AM   #941
Son Goku

For those wondering, here are my mains. Naturally my specs go up above what is listed somewhat, when my pet is active.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...7Thul&n=Gotten

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...regan&n=Gotten

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...27Thul&n=Pyrus

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...7Thul&n=Picolo
Old 05-01-07, 02:19 AM   #942
may-22
*BANNED*

*** Removed by Moderator ***
may-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 05:10 PM   #943
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t
Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Guild has cleared Gruul's lair and we have 2 bosses down in Serpentshrine cavern
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 08:33 PM   #944
hirantha
SUC SUDO

nvm i got it!

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak

Last edited by hirantha; 07-11-07 at 09:45 PM.
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-07, 04:29 PM   #945
Son Goku

OK, one change I definitely don't like in the new patch, is the whole mailing system with the auction house now. It isn't like it saves volume on sending mail out either, as they now send a mail to say "such and such sold, and you will get money in an hour". No idea if that's yet done with items also, but if it is, then there it also kinda defeats the purpose of paying extra on a "buy it now", to avoid waiting for the purchase.

Items (but not money) used to take an hour to arrive, though recently if one mailed items from one char to another, it arrived in the mail immediately, which was nice. But now, they switched the AH mailing over to something in a way, worse then the old system for other things. At least one didn't previously get a mail to say "so and so mailed you something, come back to the box latter". Either send the money or don't. One doesn't want to come to town to read a "come back latter", which simply wastes people's time. The new system would be akin to someone asking to travel down the street (mind you, it can take time to gryphon and stuff), and then when they arrive, say "I want to tell you something, but not now. So make an additional trip and drive back in an hour and then I will tell you then, what I'm wanting to tell you now. Okay?" So one has to make 2 trips, rather then 1, ridiculous

Before, the hour wait for items was a bother if one was mailing something to themself, but at least they didn't know about it and weren't signaled to go get something, to only then be told to come back latter.
Old 09-25-07, 04:53 PM   #946
nVJoe

There is no good reason to have mail not be instant. None at all.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-07, 06:18 PM   #947
Son Goku

I mentioned this in guild chat earlier today, some of the people there couldn't see any rational reason Blizzard would have made this change either. About the only effect this will have is to bug people. When people see there's mail in their box, they don't want to just get notification in in-game mail that they should come back to get their mail.
Old 10-09-07, 05:57 PM   #948
Son Goku

Anyone else noticed the number of, I'll be polite here, inexperienced lvl 60+s of late? Perhaps this coinciding with, when on alts it's next to impossible to find groups for lower lvl instnaces as everyone gets rushed?

The other day, we decided to have a sorta fun run through ZG. We did end up excepting some lvl 60+s who were not in guild though. It was the absolute worst raid any of us have ever seen. Things were more organized our first time in Gruul's this week (without these lower lvls being PuGed), though we still haven't quite got the pull for the first boss yet. This is saying something as we still don't have the pull for first boss in Gruul's worked out just yet, but getting there.

OK, it's only ZG, and not a lvl 70 raid; but still it's no trash through BRD (which I could and have rushed people through parts on my hunter before), especially with 61s and 62s in group. What we got was the lowbies running around and pulling everything, constantly needing to be resed. Then there was the thing where the tanks, weren't umm, allowed to tank at all, as these 60-63s kept thinking of it as a rush through lowbie instances, and would run around hitting everything/dragging them to all the higher lvl players (not necessarily tanks, but even squishies).

I remember when we did that in my first guild a year ago. At lvl 60, and with far less gear, we never had that much trouble, even our first time in when we were just learning the instance; and mind you downed 1 or 2 bosses first time in. This time, we didn't even make it up to a boss, with the lvl 62s and stuff we found. I never thought, a ZG could have gone that bad, with outland geared, especially as we did have 20 people (overkill with 70s) between the whole lvl range....