Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-20-07, 12:04 PM   #913
|MaguS|

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

What happened to Vanguards?
Old 03-20-07, 12:18 PM   #914
Xion X2

I'm still playing it.. just curious as to what else is out there. VG's the only MMO I've ever given a fair chance, so I'm looking at trying out a few others to see if there's one I like more.

Looking at:

Guild Wars
Everquest 2
WoW

Will get one tonight, maybe two.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-07, 01:00 PM   #915
|MaguS|

GW isn't a MMO.
Old 03-20-07, 04:37 PM   #916
firehawk

i promised myself i wouldn't do it..... i uninstalled it for a good year. and never touched it. i avoided everything wow related. then my close friend got into it early this year and i could no longer avoid it or hold out anymore

somehow i ended up playing again this weekend. and i didn't stop playing until i reached lvl 21 in my first sitting

iam hooked again, right in time for summer
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-07, 06:50 PM   #917
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I came back to Wow to play with some RL friends, we started playing on a PVP server... Anyone know any good builds for a warrior?

What are the best PVP classes? Im not too big into the whole PVP scene so any info would help...
Best builds for a warrior all depends on what you want to do. Do you like the slow swinging, but big hitting type of damage (Mortal Strike Arms spec), the low damage, but high DPS damage (Dual Wield Fury spec), or do you prefer doing very minimal damage but taking lots of it (Tank Protection spec)?

As for best pvp class? Hunter, Rogue, Warlock.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-07, 06:59 PM   #918
|MaguS|

Yeah I went hunter when I realized how overpowered they were after just messing around with a low level one... my current pet has over 100hp more then I do aswell as does more dmg then I (can't out agro him).
Old 03-21-07, 05:37 AM   #919
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

stack on the +crit and +ap gear, and you soon will
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:06 AM   #920
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
As for best pvp class? Hunter, Rogue, Warlock.
Don't forget 3-min mages for arena. Ouchies.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-07, 09:14 AM   #921
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
GW isn't a MMO.
It's massive.
It's mulitplayer.
It's online.

Seems like an MMO to me.

ANYWAY...I haven't played WoW in a few days now. I was in Thousand Needles doing the annoying quests down there and decided I'd switch up to Ashenvale and do some of those quests I'd been putting off. I'm about 10k from level 29 and man...I got my ass handed to me on some Foulweald quest. I just logged with my char dead and I haven't been back since. It's been like a week.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:22 AM   #922
|MaguS|

Its massive? 20 people is massive? GW is not massive by any account. Only boobs who have never played a real MMO think it is one but its not even close. Its nothing more then a Diablo 2 clone that allows more players to play together but still no where near the amount of a MMO.

Please tell me if you are out hunting in GW, can 100+ people run by you? Can you be sitting in a field not talking to anyone and have 50+ walk up to you? No you have to invite them or group with them for them to even enter your exploration instance.
Old 03-21-07, 09:39 AM   #923
superklye

But there are 1000s of people online at any given time all on the same server(s), right? And you can interact with any of them at any time in any of the towns right?

You guys get your panties tied up way too tight with these labels. Does it really matter? Are MMOs everywhere somehow brought down a peg because this game doesn't fit the "traditional" model of an MMO? Is WoW any less of an MMO because of it?

What the eff is the big deal?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMO

Quote:
A Massive Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG or MMO) is a computer game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously, and is played on the Internet. Typically, this type of game is played in a giant persistent world.

MMOs can enable players to compete with and against each other on a grand scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. Most MMOs require players to invest large amounts of their time into the game. Most MMOs require a monthly subscription fee, but some can be played for free
Hmm...sounds like that describes both GW and WoW.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:43 AM   #924
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
But there are 1000s of people online at any given time all on the same server(s), right? And you can interact with any of them at any time in any of the towns right?

You guys get your panties tied up way too tight with these labels. Does it really matter? Are MMOs everywhere somehow brought down a peg because this game doesn't fit the "traditional" model of an MMO? Is WoW any less of an MMO because of it?

What the eff is the big deal?
The big deal is that its nothing more then Diablo 2. D2 also had thousands of players online at any given time (still does) and you could talk to them as long as they are online. GW is not a MMO. A MMO is defined by a world were a large amount of players can interact and the world is persistent. The label means nothing really, its just a pet peeve of mine. A game as simplistic and limted as GW should not be compared to games of the MMO genre.