Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-12-07, 10:39 AM   #901
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

I started playing WoW again last night after getting a 60-day subscription card at BB for $10 (coupons). I started over again with a new character, hopefully getting him over level 14 this time lol. Oh boy is it great to be back in Azaroth!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 07:49 AM   #902
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushinronjya
I didn't see the joke when I read your full signature, so I'm going to logically conclude that you're an idiot for posting such an ignorant statement as you have above in your signature.

Grow the hell up and learn a few things.
who the hell are you retard
Old 02-25-07, 11:20 PM   #903
Son Goku

You know; I mist say that, that the greed of some of these people has served little more then to make it more worth my while to get some things then use the auction house itself. Oh, what do I mean?

OK, since BC has come out; this is what some people have been doing:

- A stack of mithril bars used to cost 4-4.5 g a stack of 20. Now a bunch of yahoos are trying to charge 1.25 g per bar buyout, and a 1 g 10 s starting bid. Mind you, fel iron goes for 20 g for a stack of 20. Consequences:

If lvling a character's trade skill that uses the resources, it's no longer worth the while to be lazy and just buy it rather then search for the stuff one's self. It's not even that difficult as places like Charred Veil usually have several veins for one run through the loop. Have a mount and well...

Just the other day, needing some to make some items for my new warrior's weap smithing; I didn't even bother to mince words. I just was like

Quote:
Whoever decided to over-inflate mithril prices to > fel iron prices; I must thank you for getting me to lvl my mining now. Hell it won't even take, that much longer as the price is suggesting here anyhow. It's just not worth offloading it from you. Now enjoy your lost sale, and the AH deposit that was fronted for the auction.
Hell, all the auctions went down to a shorter duration by then, anyhow. Had some people PST me back with a "cool man, I like your stile "

- For higher lvls, it makes it worthless to work with the stuff, and more profitable to refuse to smith a danged thing that uses it. So lets see, mithril spurs takes 4 mithril bars and 2 solid grinding stone. At 1.25 g a bar, that's more then 5 g in mats, and then only a smith can apply them so one has to travel to attach them one's self. The spurs go for like 95 s in AH? Even if a person charged a bit more for the service of traveling and attaching, one would still take a more then 400% loss on it.

I'll tell you what, I'd do that for myself, for some good friends, and perhaps some guildies. Beyond that, no way in hell

It isn't just with this resource, this has happened. Small eggs for 1 g a piece (as some lvl 5s thought they found a way to make lvl 60s give them money so they could make Christmas cookies to do a seasonal quest was another); while wanting charity everytime they beg for gold or want people to run them through lowbie instances for the heck of it.

- Auctioneer goes by straight averages. So people who stuff up the market as such; throw the auctioneer estimated prices off wildly; resulting in one's own auctions not selling if one uses it. That unless the programmers of auctioneer decide to change their code away from a simple average, and to something else.

My idea is this. If auctioneer would start by locating the median value in averaged AH prices, and then calculate X-number of standard deviations from that median value. Then only average the prices within x-number standard deviations, rather then a straight out average. Then maybe the estimates would be trustworthy again with these extreme values removed from consideration...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 03:30 PM   #904
Phyre

The Armory page is up and working okay.

armory.worldofwarcraft.com

This is my rogue:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...&n=Barleystout

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 09:47 AM   #905
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Here's me!

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...renden&n=Grenn
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 09:58 AM   #906
|MaguS|

I came back to Wow to play with some RL friends, we started playing on a PVP server... Anyone know any good builds for a warrior?

What are the best PVP classes? Im not too big into the whole PVP scene so any info would help...
Old 03-14-07, 10:17 AM   #907
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
What are the best PVP classes?
Pallie
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-07, 04:01 PM   #908
Son Goku

I've heard of pallies who complain about how over-powered shammies are. And then I've heard shammies complain the same about pallies. So take your pick... As to raiding, I'd go with a different class however, unless one's heavy into healing. Standing back and healing just isn't my thing...

Priests also add some interesting possibilities when PvPing in horde areas (and I don't mean X-roads). Rather places like Thunderbluff, Freewind Post, and areas the alliance traditionally ignores. Namely it has to do with a bridge, a cliff, mind control, and releasing the person after they're in free fall Odd that so many don't think of that; including people who tried to do what my alliance guild has done, over on my horde realm. But unlike my alliance guild (who was waving goodbye and laughing as they knocked people off the cliff), couldn't quite figure out how to work with the geography. That combined with them bringing lvl 20s to a raid had be rolling in my chair, and laughing my arse off

Old 03-18-07, 04:21 PM   #909
Son Goku

You know, sometimes size in the game can be a funny thing. I don't have the best screen shot of this, as it's kinda hard to grab it at the precise moment when fighting; but lets just say that Ikarus (my now lvl 66 raptor pet) is just the right height to make a Frostmaul giant lose it's virginity, as he aims his teeth for the giant's family jewels

Given the way Ikarus isn't all that discernable in the screen shot where he's lunging forward to bite the Frostmaul's sweet spot, I grabbed another, so people could see what he is. Also resized, for easier downloads... Mind you when looking at size comparison's here, the thing being attacked is an ice giant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031807_140545.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	24602  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031807_141748.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	24603  
Old 03-19-07, 07:14 AM   #910
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

best PVP class is easily a warlock. Even if you get killed the opponent is so DOT'd up hes dead. Warlocks are candy for rogues though, with their 5 second of spell immunity, but it has to be timed right or the rogue is still dead.

Warlocks can kill every class in the game except one.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-07, 10:37 AM   #911
|MaguS|

Well I've become a WoWhore... I have a lvl 13 Warrior and a lvl 15 Hunter. Put about 15 hours into the game so far, hehe. I love the new races starting quests.
Old 03-20-07, 11:32 AM   #912
Xion X2

I *might* pick this up today. It's down to this or EQ2.

Any suggestions for races/classes if I decide to go w/ WoW? I like a good mix of casting/fighting and would prefer a self-healing ability.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote