Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-06-06, 10:42 AM   #877
superklye

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

FINALLY! I got in.

I have to go to class in like 10 minutes, but I made an undead warlock.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 12:45 PM   #878
matthewcraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
You might find this odd; but I think some people are getting sick of the total n00bs, that get rushed to lvl 60 in a forte night, and have no idea of how to play. Peeps have also gotten sick of lvl 1s demanding practically that lvl 60s come down and spend all their time lvling them to 60 *now* so they don't have to play*, while trade window spamming for gold.

As to the low guys who want a fast rush so they don't have to play the game (and never learn); many of us are just sick of random runs through instances from lfg channel where we get them, and never make it through..
That's why the game should start everyone at level 60. The grind up to 60 is just a speedbump, and it is total B.S. People spend a hundred bucks on a leveling service to get them through the crap and allow them to start playing with everyone else. Hey, Guess what, no matter what class you play, there are only a handful of functions required to play in group or a raid. If you really think your class takes 3-6 months to learn, then you greatly overestimate your duties in a group - or you do not know how to play your class.

World of Warcraft is a fairly fun game, but it is mostly a huge time-sink. I think it is Blizzard's ploy to get people to invest a ton of time, thus they are less likely to leave should they get bored with the end-game. (People don't like to think they made bad investments, less so when they make bigger investments.)

matthewcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 01:02 PM   #879
retsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
FINALLY! I got in.

I have to go to class in like 10 minutes, but I made an undead warlock.
what server did you go on?
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 01:33 PM   #880
superklye

Demon Soul. I have characters on like 3 or 4 other servers, but I can't remember which and no one else I know is on them anymore. Ah well...fresh start.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 01:49 PM   #881
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Actually the patch wasn't bad for warriors at all. Much ado about nothing, it seems. My rage generation is just fine and the new talents rock (especially Second Wind, MAN that is a great talent).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 01:52 PM   #882
retsam

whats up with the mods for wow...every time blizzard farts you have to get an update for the mods....this is part of the reason i left last year, thought they would have done something about that by now.
Old 12-06-06, 02:19 PM   #883
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

?

I never have to change my mods unless a very large content patch is pushed through, which hasn't happened since Naxx.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 05:11 PM   #884
retsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
?

I never have to change my mods unless a very large content patch is pushed through, which hasn't happened since Naxx.
this one and the last patch i had to update all my addon's...its crazy.

Old 12-11-06, 12:15 AM   #885
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
QFMf'nT.

A level 60 warlock was my main on a PvP server and he rocked everything. Mind you he only had a few tier 1 epics, with some other purples thrown in (mana-igniting cord, azuresong mageblade, which is btw still ownage) but I've seen Tier 2/2.5 warlocks absolutely trash groups of people. Those are the ones you hear horror stories about.

LoL, I better leave this thread before I reactivate my account again.

so I solo'ed a warlock in WSG today on my rogue. I've cleared bosses in Naxx, dealt the killing blow to bosses in there as a pally as well, but nothing felt more satisfying than my first patch 2.0 lock kill. I was yelling in excitement at my feat over Vent to my guildies.

I have heavily PVPed since Tuesday and Ive seen single locks destroy groups of 2-3 people. I'm just now getting geared up enough in pvp epics to actually survive 2 damn DOT's.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 08:34 AM   #886
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcraig
That's why the game should start everyone at level 60. The grind up to 60 is just a speedbump, and it is total B.S. People spend a hundred bucks on a leveling service to get them through the crap and allow them to start playing with everyone else.
Actually, I'm not so sure... I run into too many people who go into an instance run; and are such nubs... It's like this time I was helping a guildie get Uldaman with his lvl 42 warrior. So I came in with my then lvl 55 paly, and only thing we were lacking was a mage. So we hit lfg for it, and get someone who doesn't know what sheep is, can't frost nova, and along the way finally says "oh I'm a fire mage". One should still learn sheep

So, everyone but me dies, and I go to res them in order. This, I couldn't even say my thoughts about this individual here, decides she's gonna try to be a mage tank, and runs in trying to tank every fricken last monster in the instance before I can res anyone. So getting in trouble, runs the whole mob into me, of course palys don't have battle res and it's a wipe. Why the flying **** do some clothies insist on trying to tank?

Between that, and some people (like this one hunter we got from lfg for a UBRS run, that went running in, has to be resed/summoned, complained "you take too long" as we were setting up the battles, and of course the run went 10x faster after he was gone and one of our guilde's own hunters came on; I've rather grown to detest PuGs for higher lvl instances... If I don't know the people, I could almost care less to even try to do a BRD run or higher with randoms anymore...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 08:43 PM   #887
Son Goku

Sigh, not sure about any of your realms, but here on Aman'Thul some level 5s; the sort that would run around town begging for gold, and dancing naked to try to get some, have come up with a new bit of greed to revel in the in-game festivities. Because the christmas gifts require one to give 5 gingerbread cookies to Santa, and it's a lvl 1 cooking recipee that requires 5 small eggs; they've taken to charging 2 gold for small eggs or gingerbread cookies... The acts of a true Goblin :thumbsdwn:

Anyhow, my thought, is that all the high levels record their names, and the next time these individuals ask for help on a lowbie instance run, an elite/difficult quest, charge them through the roof. With the words "remember those eggs..." comes a "I'm sorry but my services can't come free to extortionists." Truly a sad state of affairs when Christmas comes down to this
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 08:53 PM   #888
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcraig
That's why the game should start everyone at level 60. The grind up to 60 is just a speedbump, and it is total B.S. People spend a hundred bucks on a leveling service to get them through the crap and allow them to start playing with everyone else.
I had far more fun playing WoW 1-59 than I ever did at 60. Maybe my experience was different because I started on a brand new server and I leveled along with the rest of the server (so there were always people your level around), and though leveling is technically "the grind," it feels like so much less of a grind than playing a 60 itself does.