Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-07-06, 08:31 PM   #817
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Just starting Naxx now, once everyone gets attuned.. =/
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-06, 08:37 PM   #818
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
We now have Razuvious and Anub'Rekhan on farm status, but seeing as i haven't been on in a week, i'm not sure if we've killed any more yet.
Dude, tell me about it..we're just in bwl (vael) and i've been out the game for about a week (lots of real life stuff going on) and i'm not too sure on our progress on that fight.

Once things settle down, i'll get back into gearing my pally
Old 07-11-06, 10:09 AM   #819
Phyre

We're in Naxx and have taken down Anub, the Instructor, and Noth. Patchwerk is evil, pure evil!!! We were working on him for the first time, when the server crashed and issued a soft reset to the instance. Needless to say, it was fun watching everone connect and all the trash respawn just obliterating people one by one.

Oh, and the rogue review just sucks!!!!

Here's my Allakhazam profile.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1062602

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-06, 09:49 PM   #820
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Well after a long hiatus I've reactivated my account. I'm not gonna be raiding like I was before. I really only want to play the game and enjoy it. I will, however, see if I can work on my PvP rank some so I can get some of those new hot PvP items.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-06, 11:06 PM   #821
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
Well after a long hiatus I've reactivated my account. I'm not gonna be raiding like I was before. I really only want to play the game and enjoy it. I will, however, see if I can work on my PvP rank some so I can get some of those new hot PvP items.
Well..you must really like the grind then. On blackrock to get Rank 14 was a headache..I spend 20-24 hours a day / 7 days a week grinding day after day doing the same bgs over and over getting in the top and i did it through pugs..the queues on horde side on that server are really long 20-24 mins a game..alliance get instant and alliance can get max players into a game as a group faster than 1 horde getting into a game on there own.

After i did get Rank 14..i quit the game..broke the discs threw it in the trash..and god dam i wish i did it along time ago before WoW destroyed my life...i am now slowly rebuilding my life..and wow..sunlight ftw(pirate)

Whats sad was the fact that Blizzard wanted people to maintain Rank 14..this is next to impossible and to ask to maintain is a ****ing joke. I remember alot of ex-Rank 14 casters who were very upset about the changes because they cauld not get the new (yet needed) caster rank 14 pvp loot. For me..i got Rank 13 on my Warlock and then said..**** this..the staff blows and quickly made a Warrior and grinded him to Rank 14..best thing i eva did..if i did get rank 14 on my warlock and waited for the lack of caster loot @ rank 14..i would be pissed even more atm..

But hey..your grave..its an addiction..i hope you dont get addicted to the grind.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-06, 11:53 PM   #822
CaptNKILL
CUBE

A friend gave me his 10 day trial code for this and has coaxed me into playing it. He got his girlfriend totaly addicted to it as well. She has a higher level character than he does.

Im a level 7 Dwarf Hunter right now...

I never was much of an MMORPG person, so it didnt surprise me that this felt pretty much the same as everything else. It seems like it probably has a lot to offer, but I just dont have the patience for stuff like this. The combat is pretty boring (again, this coming from someone who doesnt normally like this kind of thing anyway) and overall it just feels like a pretty standard RPG except there are other players running around at the same time.

It probably helps to get into big groups (which I plan on trying shortly) but so far the game hasnt really... uhhh... "WOWed" me... (pun intended )

I'll keep cracking at it... I've still got a week or so left of the trial. But I probably wont be plunking down my $$$ monthly for this one. I did it with UO and I ended up paying for a few months and not really playing that much.

Im also pretty disapointed with the graphics. It looks "neat" but for being only a year old, the overall quality of the graphics is pretty shoddy. Really simplistic retexturing for different items and characters, mostly blurry textures, very "pointy" models and objects.

It runs really well though, so I guess it evens out a bit.

I did have some really irritating freezing a couple nights ago though. In ironforge the game froze my entire system up (with the music still playing though) twice, requiring me to hit the reset button both times. I made sure it wasnt my system (ran 3 instances of rthdribl and one instance of prime95 at the same time for 20 minutes while browsing the web without a single hiccup) so I have no idea what caused 2 total freezes like that. It ran fine tonight though.

I just thought Id post my input on the game since this is the first MMORPG I've played in over a year.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 12:46 AM   #823
K007

I have 4 l60 toons, 1 rank 13 the others 10 and 1x14. One thing i like about in this game is pvp..its pretty fast action..there is some 'imbalance' here and there..like..zomg pummel miss on priest..starts healing like a biatch :/..though once i got my rank 14 axe and 37% crit..people usually run away before i can get to them ...

The only thing in this game is the PvP is just..well..kinda gets boring after awhile..the fact that they ask you to maintain the ranks is really stupid..when it gets into the rank 12+..it becomes your job..no life no sunlight nothing..i got really sick playing this game but i knew the only way to get this **** out of my head was to complete the grind..went on days without sleep grinding day in day out...

The PVE is rather..easy provided your guild is a good guild..and do the grinding on the rep items with resistance..get your MT with lots of resistance/etc..

But the comparision between pvp and pve is rather dull..it seems the pvp side is balanced by the same pve nubs who do the pve content...i mean come on..how the **** is grinding 20-24/7 3-4 months NONSTOP be really a fun game? The addiction kicks in though..

1-60 was fun for the first character for me..from there onwards my next characters were pretty much grinding..killing the same mobs over and over and cycle them..and do the x/x quests arround the same area..

The news of the cross classes is gonna change alot of things in both pvp and pve..having both shamans and pallys on one side is gonna make a massive impact in the game...

I have no plans to go back to WoW..not unless they make pvp a less of a grind..atleast make the decay go away so we can sleep normal hours and get some time off..if you miss 1 day of the week..you cauld pretty much fall back an entire week..and you end up spending 2 weeks to do a 1 week job.. and that happend to me twice..1 was when the cable ****ed up and i lost 2 days of pvp which resulted in my falling back in the grind..and at high ranks its gg..the other was i over slept one 2 days...and alot of people acc shared/grinded..which was also ****ing lame..

Btw this is my first MMO next to GW.
Old 07-23-06, 12:47 AM   #824
lognoronon

I'm not saying pro or con about the graphics but....They want as high of a player base as they can get and that means something that runs on a lower end system. Of course that high player base comes at a cost of lag. Despite all the money that they are taking in they still refuse to do what is needed to help alleviate the lag which I find repulsive.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-06, 01:54 AM   #825
K007

The graphics in WoW fit the game. Its fine.
Old 07-23-06, 06:36 PM   #826
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
Well..you must really like the grind then. On blackrock to get Rank 14 was a headache..I spend 20-24 hours a day / 7 days a week grinding day after day doing the same bgs over and over getting in the top and i did it through pugs..the queues on horde side on that server are really long 20-24 mins a game..alliance get instant and alliance can get max players into a game as a group faster than 1 horde getting into a game on there own.

After i did get Rank 14..i quit the game..broke the discs threw it in the trash..and god dam i wish i did it along time ago before WoW destroyed my life...i am now slowly rebuilding my life..and wow..sunlight ftw(pirate)

Whats sad was the fact that Blizzard wanted people to maintain Rank 14..this is next to impossible and to ask to maintain is a ****ing joke. I remember alot of ex-Rank 14 casters who were very upset about the changes because they cauld not get the new (yet needed) caster rank 14 pvp loot. For me..i got Rank 13 on my Warlock and then said..**** this..the staff blows and quickly made a Warrior and grinded him to Rank 14..best thing i eva did..if i did get rank 14 on my warlock and waited for the lack of caster loot @ rank 14..i would be pissed even more atm..

But hey..your grave..its an addiction..i hope you dont get addicted to the grind.
I by no means meant that I wanted to hit rank 14. I was thinking more along the lines of Champion, or perhaps Lieutenant General. Before I quit, I was primarily pve and raided with a large guild. We did MC, BWL, AQ, everything but after some squabbles with guild leaders it broke up. Right about then I realized how much fun I WASN'T having. So after not playing for a few weeks, I canceled my account and never looked back. Three months later, I'm watching my friend play his priest. I guess after watching him, no matter how much I dislike the game, I still missed it. So I reactivated my account. I will still raid, but not to the level that I did before. I won't let it run my life, and that goes the same for pvping. I'll do it enough to have fun, maybe get some loot, and that'll be that.
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]

Old 07-24-06, 04:40 AM   #827
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
I by no means meant that I wanted to hit rank 14. I was thinking more along the lines of Champion, or perhaps Lieutenant General. Before I quit, I was primarily pve and raided with a large guild. We did MC, BWL, AQ, everything but after some squabbles with guild leaders it broke up. Right about then I realized how much fun I WASN'T having. So after not playing for a few weeks, I canceled my account and never looked back. Three months later, I'm watching my friend play his priest. I guess after watching him, no matter how much I dislike the game, I still missed it. So I reactivated my account. I will still raid, but not to the level that I did before. I won't let it run my life, and that goes the same for pvping. I'll do it enough to have fun, maybe get some loot, and that'll be that.

Just some facts in the past what the PVE nubs at blizzard did to the PVP System.

First they removed the way you can buy items for PvP Related..they made it so that only the "Current Rank" can have the restriction..your "Highest Rank" was removed. (Note..it was REMOVED)

Second. The recent patch made alot of casual players...really angry..they made the Tier 1 PVP Set a new set (added stats/etc..you know..needed stuff..like omg..pve gear > pvp..in PvP..like wtf?) so they changed this and made them pretty good for pvp...but what did they do? They made it a new armor set..and made ex-rank 10's to repurchase them.. Rank 12-13 item (AKA Tier 2 PVP) was updated alot..i was happy to see the big changes..big big changes for warrior..massive stat boost/etc..for pvp..but they made em 'retroactive'...ie..armor updated on the fly... Much like the past changes they made to the PVE Items...(note..CHANGES/Stat CHANGES..not new items)

Third New Rank 14 items..i was unaffected by the new change as a warrior i brought everything..and even pvped with the HWL Staff =). But..the Ex- Rank 14 CASTERS..got screwed big time over..alot of the new items were items that SHOULD have been there in the first place SINCE day 1. I mean..come on..even the pve carebears gotta agree with this..it was completely lame by Blizzard to do this..

So keep these in mind when you decide to get hooked onto the pvp grind..if this is how Blizzard plans to treat hardcore pvpers who put 20-24 hours a day grinding day in day out..and just spit on there face and ask them to re-grind...worst..MAINTAIN RANK 14?..That was the final stroke for me..I was Rank 14 awhile..maybe 2-3 weeks before the new patch went live on the servers..for me the changes had little effect as i was a warrior..but this is how the future will be..this is how Blizzard treats the hardcore PvP Grinders...it is simply not worth the time/effort put in.

Just Remember..these changes were needed..thats why the T2 Armor for PVP Was recroactive(sp?) because it was very weak even against those pve sets.. When changes were made to PvE items..they were changed the moment u relogged in..you didn't have to regrind the items..this is what happend to the Tier 1 Set for PvP..you have to regrind them.

Ontop of the cruel pvp decay on the honor...how can Blizzard ask hardcore pvpers to pvp 20-24 hours a day for eva....I Was actually grinding a Warlock to Rank 14 and was hoping to see when Blizzard finally got of there god dam asses and gave casters items that was lacking soo much for pvp..the hwl staff blows compare that to the AB Staff..u give up a small stat / dmg for a 2% crit..consider the stat loss vs the time needed to spend to get to Rank 14..i think the Iron Bark comes out on top..just like how the 7900GT is the best bang for buck card..=).

I mean come on..i spend like 3-4 months doing 1 warrior..ontop fo that 2-3 months on my warlock..and over 4 months on my first warlock(different server)..i was glad/dissapointed at the same time of 1.12...i was glad because i made the warrior my maint target for Rank 14..i was Rank 13 on my lock..i would have been heart brocken when this patch came out if i was a ex-rank 14 caster...very sad of blizzard to do this..and thats when i just ****ing took my discs..broke it in half and threw it in the bin.Dont have the game installed dont want it..but i do follow the story as i hope that expantion might make pvp..FUN/Skill vs Grind/Gear..**** the gear..just cut the grind requrement...

IT is not till you hit rank 12+ you realise how hard the decay hits you..its brutal.

You prey each week that your pc dosen't crash and you miss an ab or wsg..(20-30 mins on horde the queue)..ganking in BRM/All over was what alot of horde did..aa the alliance..they move in 40 when they come into BRM ><.....but you prey no crash..your cable dosen't die..(mine did..and i had to pvp 2 weeks more to recover the loss...of 1 ****ING day? I mean WTF?!?!)

Wtf is the pvp design team at blizzard smoking? I Bet you everything i have that Blizzrad dosen't have a single ****ing Rank 14 player or even a Rank 12+ that did the grind on there own..on a good server..i bet you that they dont..only Rank 14 people in the Blizzard team are those with access to admin rights to make items appear on there bags /etc..i mean hello..they had to cheat on the "take on the blizzard pvp team"...

I am back to good old FPS and good nights sleep/work/life . The day i broke the discs was the day i broke free from this game..1.12 = the patch that broke me from WoW ..just like 1.10 did for D2...now all i say is.."OMFG..WTFBBQ Headshot?!"..lol

Just for the love of god those who are looking at the pvp system..dont get hooked onto it..stay away from it..it is very addictive..the grind gets you very easily...it is like a drug..and trust me..it aint worth it..not after what blizzard did..atleast wait till they fix the system..thats what..alot of people have been waiting for..the real fix to the honor system and the ranks..
Old 07-24-06, 05:38 AM   #828
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

K007, I appreciate the warnings and the horror stories but I've heard them all before. I'm not going to bust my ass doing this, its merely going to be a small side activity. From my past experience I've learned to exercise some self-control, so I will not "fall into the grind" as you put it. Thanks for the advice anyway though.

On a side note, I just read that in 1.12 they are throwing in some dope shard changes for warlocks. Namely, if you die before your pet does you RECIEVE a shard as well as being refunded of a shard when you get on a windrider/gryphon with a pet out. It seems I've chosen the right time to come back, hehe.
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]