Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-06, 02:24 PM   #781
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Ok, so I got to Westfall and I'm getting my butt handed to me. I've got a Lvl 11 Pally and I'm trying to do a few quest without killing myself in the process. Oh well. This game is so awesome. I think it's awesome to be able to just explore and do what you want to do. Great game.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 10:21 AM   #782
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

My Guild killed the Twin Emps in AQ40 on the weekend. Now looking forward to C'thun and his uber pwnage.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 11:50 AM   #783
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
My Guild killed the Twin Emps in AQ40 on the weekend. Now looking forward to C'thun and his uber pwnage.
grats on the emps super hard fight, however my friends guild who just downed twin emps cant even get to cthun to get destroyed by him. Its gonna be a while before someone comes out with strats i think heh.
Old 04-16-06, 12:06 PM   #784
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

our new 5 week old guild on Frostwolf has now gotten all of MC on farm after 3 weeks, downed Vael, has blown past the Suppression Room and onto Broodlord (50% first attempt, with an extra add). I know its not a huge deal for many people, but to someone who never got past Major Domo up until a couple weeks ago its huge.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 06:38 PM   #785
WeReWoLf

That's a nice effort there liquid. My guild had MC on farm status after 8 weeks, then we started to get stuck into BWL, and downed Nefarian after just 6 weeks. We've been officially going at AQ40 for 4 weeks now, and we're heading up to C'thun. The other high end guild on the server has C'Thun to 45% Phase 2. We're expecting the announcement any day now.
Old 04-17-06, 03:16 PM   #786
UDawg
Retired spammer

We have screen caps of all the bosses shrunk. Half the time I'm watching tv when we do MC.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 03:50 AM   #787
WeReWoLf

Hahaha, yeah, i know how that feels. Was playing through Mario Sunshine the other day in MC
Old 05-01-06, 07:35 AM   #788
antigone

Post Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Hey guys, I'm doing a term paper on the evolution of mmorpgs and I'm trying to assert that gamers and gaming styles have changed since eq- I have a survey at http://isuerica.tripod.com/mmorpgsur...rpg_survey.pdf
if you guys would take the time out to fill it in or shoot me an email at ISUErica@gmail.com with some info on what you think has changed, especially with regard to social networks, time requirements (mission/leveling), extensiveness of races, classes, guilds, equipment, quests, aesthetics, and maps it would be awesome. If you throw in how long you usually play that would be great too. Daedelus has lots of eq data but I'm really focusing beyond that to wow era. Once I get the data together, I'll send it out to anyone who is interested.
Thanks!
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-06, 11:21 PM   #789
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Alliance race FINALLY revealed...

It's the Draenei!
Old 05-13-06, 02:36 PM   #790
slick
Play with conviction.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world...toplay=6150431

Good interview on Burning Crusade. Lots of stuff to look forward to, but I don't feel their "fix" for world PvP is going to do anything. They are basically just creating pvp-objective-based zones that players can freely enter and leave. No different from a BG if you ask me.
Old 05-13-06, 10:28 PM   #791
WeReWoLf

http://www.malicesb.net/wapnew/nax-items.php

That 2h mace is a MS warrior's dream...

That 1h sword is a rogue's dream...

That neck is a dream for any melee/hunter...

Overall... I wanna kill Kel'thuzad!
Old 05-15-06, 06:02 AM   #792
Deviad

Hello folks,
this is something I wrote on nvidia's forum about texture shimmering.

Hello everyone,
I have been experiencing a very bad texture shimmering with World of Warcraft and my new ASUS EN7900 GT.
I've been playing this game for a week so far, but it's been 2 weeks that I have been owning this card so I can't bring back this card to the reseller because I'm unsatisfied.
I've been reading on forums that this problem has been up since the times of 6800 series.
One year since then passed and this issue was not solved but just a workaround was provided: setting the quality to high or very high and setting the lod to clamp.
On this topic I could already do a consideration:
tests, benchmark and so on are done on standard settings (which is quality not high quality), high quality drasticly reduces the performance in game, so now my 7900 GT can be compared to a x800xt on the performance side.
But what's more disappointing is that the problem no matter what you do can't be solved with this card:
I tried high quality, lod clamp, force lod to something like 1,2,3 and whatever possible, using AF x16 and antialias 4x (combined, multisempling) by nHancer since combined isn't natively supported.
I've been trying all of the drivers you have provided till now removing each time the old ones accurately:
- driver uninstallation via contro pannel;
- reboot;
- drive cleaner pro under safe mode;
- reboot;
- new driver installation;
- reboot.
Of course, since I'm not stupid, I study computing science at university, that's for the records, I have disabled WFP (windows file protection), so I'm totally sure that dlls and stuff are not replaced with old ones.
Now, this is a discussion I've had with some guys on this topic, because often computing enthusiasts can be more helpful than hardware producers, since when they finish they work hours they don't keep on solving problems.

http://www.tweaksrus.com/forums/inde...opic=5467&st=0

That's the thread, and these are the videos showing very clearly the problem I'm experiencing, I made these 2 myself.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20109858/...oblem.zip.html --> this one is with lod bias 0 and clamp on
http://rapidshare.de/files/20135324/...blem2.zip.html --> this one is with lod bias 3 and clamp on

It's a very bad shimmering. If it was a slight shimmering I wouldn't be complaining. This card costs a bunch of money so a solution must be found otherwise here in Italy this is called fraud and we have severe laws about it.
This issue happens in every game, in wow is just more clear than in other games. There are plenty of forums with this topic and everyone is waiting for a solution.

I wanna add that I've tryed your beta drivers 87.08 and 87.25 which have been released to the public by some customers who needed these drivers for their sli systems. I gave them a try to see if you considered this problem and tryed to solve it. Unfortunately I saw you didn't even consider this issue since the problem stayed exactly the same.
I'm sure you will answer this thread and I hope with good news too.

I have been studying this issue for an entire week and I found no forum, no on line magazine nothing with a solution.
Everyone is waiting for you to have a quick move on this matter.

I can't even think to switch to an ATI 1900GT because I could already read about the heat problems those card surffer of. So it would be like going from the pan into the barbeque.

Some articles on this matter:
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/4931/
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25807

This at least says you may solve it:

"Another German web site Computerbase , went a step further. It made a custom driver by changing the inf, where the driver could not recognise 7800GTX and use its optimisations. The card was listed as unknown but was working just fine. But when the guys went testing they noticed a massive performance drop when using those drivers, close to 30 percent and related it to anisotropic filtering. Nvidia has a lot to explain.

3DCenter, for the original article, is here in English while the Computerbase German article is here. We will ask Nvidia what is going on but we think there's something up. At lease the guys proved it isn’t a hardware bug - it's a driver problem only but performance drops dramatically as soon as you resolve it. "

Another website that talks about this problem:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=1549&page=3

I hope you have some news about this issue on this forum since it's called "nvnews" :P
Deviad is offline   Reply With Quote