The weapons i use are
Truesilver Champion
Thrash Blade
Rune Sword of the Bear
Colossal Great Axe of the Monkey
Overlord's Shield of the Monkey
Templar Shield of the Monkey
Fiery War Axe

Last edited by WeReWoLf; 03-02-05 at 01:46 AM.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 01:37 AM   #62
retsam

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

you know i just realized what this game is missing ... a bard ...yes this game needs some fairy running around singing songs.
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 01:47 AM   #63
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Nope. Bard's (in my view) were excluded from WoW because they got their own upcoming game (that looks extremely cool BTW) A Bard's Tale. A tale of Heroics and Questing, or one of Coin and Cleavage. If you haven't seen the trailer, google for it!
Old 03-02-05, 02:06 AM   #64
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam
i was actually thinking about a warrior, just because druids are good healers and druids suck at attacks. and a warrior would help greatly in that department
The warrior does not get good until lvl 26. Before that he is a tool with out a clue. Once you get some good armor you can take on lvl 20 elites by your self but if you don't have good armor don't even think about it.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 03:48 AM   #65
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Udawg when you hit 32 head into gnomeregan and get hold of buttplugs arm, awesome axe.
Old 03-02-05, 03:49 AM   #66
retsam

ok thats good to know udawg. now that you said that i started to look at being a hunter... hmmm hunters get pets .... do warriors get pets also ? what special abilities do warriors have ? my druid gets shape shifting hmmm
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 05:29 AM   #67
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

warriors don't get pets. our only special abilities are being able to set off a 10sec move (retaliation) that hands out instant damage to all enemies in a 10ft radius. You hit harder and faster with a slower and higher dps axe. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's cool. We also get Shield Wall which blocks all attacks for like 10-15 secs... i dunno, never used it. We also get overpower. As soon as something dodges, slam the sword/axe down their throat in protest.
Old 03-02-05, 07:30 AM   #68
vampireuk
**** Holster

I have a pet, her name is Maria, but I digress. You can find certain items that summon minions for a short period of time, but they are quite dangerous at times since they attack EVERYTHING.

By the way is there any bonus with a warrior choosing a certain weapon such as a axe mace or sword? Since I'm ready to start my specalist smithing at level 40 I am wondering which weapons to craft. And overpower rocks

Generally people expect warriors to dish out massive ammounts of damage, this is not the case. The warrior is more of a support melee class with abilitys to cripple the enemy and make them extremely weak and easy to fight. If you want to do a lot of damage a paladin or rogue is the way to go. However demorolizing shout, sunder, sunder, sunder, thunderclap, sunder and any boss is as good as dead from the rest of the group.

Old 03-02-05, 11:19 AM   #69
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
warriors don't get pets. our only special abilities are being able to set off a 10sec move (retaliation) that hands out instant damage to all enemies in a 10ft radius. You hit harder and faster with a slower and higher dps axe. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's cool. We also get Shield Wall which blocks all attacks for like 10-15 secs... i dunno, never used it. We also get overpower. As soon as something dodges, slam the sword/axe down their throat in protest.
Remember we have shield attack also. this will bitch slap a pally, priest or what ever from casting a spell. If they are down on health and try to heal. I just sheild attack and stop it and down goes the pally. I will say for all those who say how awesome rougue pally ect are and think they are teh l33t, remember that the warrior basically doesn't have any magic. It is harder to be the warrior especially when a nother character can freeze you and stand at a distance and keep delievering damage and then think they are awesome. The warrior is different. If you understand this then it can be fun because a priest will ALWAYS want you on in a instance.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 11:57 AM   #70
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I just respecced my shaman before coming to class, and am going to do talent config when I get home. I'm thinking (I'm only 18 on this toon) of going 31 in enchancement and 19 in restoration for tanking / healing ownage.

ALSO: Axes, swords, or maces? I hear axes are great dps, but since my 42 rogue can't use axes, I wouldn't know about higher up. Maces make sweet crits, but axes seem a little better, I don't know though.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 01:28 PM   #71
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Well I have a 47 Shammy on the high populated server of Ner'Zhul that a rarly play now. Couple of reasons, to much lag and server issues on the high populated servers and my buddy picked the game up so I started a new toon. Might as well be on a new low pop server.

I now am playing a Dwarf Priest that is currently lvl 37. My buddy choosed a Warlock gnome. The priest rocks and as of now is all speced in shadow but will start to lean in to discpline. One issue I find with the priest is people expect you only to heal, which is fine if thats what I agree to by joining a group but when I'm out on my own, horde raiding or questing myself don't expect me just to heal you. I may on occassions help some out but I enjoy dealing the damage to.

Now, we're starting our alts. I rolled a NE hunter(lvl 14 currently) and a Human Mage(lvl 12) and I'm not sure who to use as my second character. I love the damage the mage does but I do have the priest which is a spell caster/cloth wearer. The hunter on the otherhand can waer mail after 40, have a pet, deliver decent melee damage and is basically I complete opposite of the priest.

Anyone high lvl'ed with these guys and have any advice in how these guys are in PVP?
Old 03-02-05, 06:53 PM   #72
vampireuk
**** Holster

A guy in our guild says the high level mage is quite boring to play, we did a test today to see how "powerful" priests were. A level 40 priest against my 35 warrior and he was not allowed to heal, it was nasty.