Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-05, 10:12 AM   #673
superklye

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

I finally got paid and reinstated my account...I just got the 1.70 patch, and my God, this is taking forever to install. Like, this is tear-inducing. I haven't played in almost 2 weeks, I just want to log in, damn it! I'm skipping all three classes today so I could play!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 10:17 AM   #674
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
help, my server just went down

oh noes.
Get used to it, sucker! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 12:54 PM   #675
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I finally got paid and reinstated my account...I just got the 1.70 patch, and my God, this is taking forever to install. Like, this is tear-inducing. I haven't played in almost 2 weeks, I just want to log in, damn it! I'm skipping all three classes today so I could play!
It took 3 hours for the game to install and patch to lateist MINUS donwload time.

Not sure if my dvd drive is ****ed cus my 'known' good one trey motor suddnely died on me so i put in a new unused hp dvd+rw. However the patch was saddinly slow.
Old 09-16-05, 01:12 PM   #676
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
It took 3 hours for the game to install and patch to lateist MINUS donwload time.

Not sure if my dvd drive is ****ed cus my 'known' good one trey motor suddnely died on me so i put in a new unused hp dvd+rw. However the patch was saddinly slow.
It isn't you. This game takes for ever to load.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 01:14 PM   #677
superklye

Yeah, it's a real bitch. I put in a solid 2.5 hours today. Got about 14k experience and my bar is still blue (I think I'll be well into level 20 before it goes back to purple).

I just realized that I have a lvl 16 warrior on Tichondrius that I haven't played since December. He's been in an Inn for over 9 months...I'll bet I'm blue up through level 30!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 01:15 PM   #678
carkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
Our PUG(actually, two guilds collaborating)just recently defeated the second boss of ZG. First boss was a royal pita but we figured out how to down her without the bats spawning. Second boss is actually very easy with some coordinated sheeping and Curses of Doom. Both bosses we had two warlocks(including myself) mana drain them during the first phase as they heal in the second phase. Trick with the exploding bats btw is have two tanks. One tank for each rider, focus fire on the one till the message(the eyes glowing or whatever they say), PW:Shield the tank while everyone else backs off. Rinse, repeat for other rider.
The first two bosses are indeed pretty easy. For the bats, the tank doesn't even have to get hit by the kamikaze explosion, because once the message shows, the bat stays in place. Two tanks to tank each rider away from the aoe casters and each other, rogues please be smart and move
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 01:37 PM   #679
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

Blizzard downloader is a joke. Its worse than steam.

My guild has taken out the first 2 bosses in ZG so far. I think pulling the first boss away from the bat cave is an exploit. The 2nd boss was cake as soon as we got positioning down. I really want to go tonight, but I have to sleep with my woman.... oh no the agony....

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 02:34 PM   #680
carkis

It does feel like an exploit, but I just think that these bosses are supposed to be strategic encounters. If you don't understand the boss, you will have a tough time.

That spider wench though ... haven't figured her out yet with the friggin' webbing and aggro-loss. If everyone is close together when she webs, the squishies go down too quick, and if we're spread apart, I can't stop her.

Also, that drunk-poison makes tanking so much harder.
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-05, 03:59 PM   #681
GlowStick
CoD4!

Hm, im in the human starting 'area' still. traveld from the abby out into the wilderness and explored but havent gone to a diffrent 'zone' yet if thats what you call it. And im getting annoyed, my xp just isnt going up as it usto, time to move to a diffrent place if so what one? Also keeping my armor up is becomming a big pain, it decays faster than i find it arg!
Old 09-16-05, 07:15 PM   #682
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Yeah, it's a real bitch. I put in a solid 2.5 hours today. Got about 14k experience and my bar is still blue (I think I'll be well into level 20 before it goes back to purple).

I just realized that I have a lvl 16 warrior on Tichondrius that I haven't played since December. He's been in an Inn for over 9 months...I'll bet I'm blue up through level 30!
I think they capped the rested bonus, so don't bet on a huge bonus.
Old 09-16-05, 07:15 PM   #683
UDawg
Retired spammer

I am on Elune, what server you guys on?
Old 09-16-05, 11:19 PM   #684
GlowStick
CoD4!