Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-30-05, 04:59 PM   #577
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Today we got Onyxia down to 39% and into stage 3, one hell of a task for a 30 man group with only 3 priests and no druids, we would usually have around 6 priests and 4 druids on but we were missing a lot of people tonight.

Anyway she goes down soon!
Old 06-30-05, 10:34 PM   #578
lostlilchild66
SWG-addict

Send a message via AIM to lostlilchild66

I got my rogue up to 50, and I put him asside and started leveling my GF"s druid (now 44), and her warrior (now 26). Sure is fun to try diffrent classes in this game

Out guild is basically made up of a bunch of tired SWG guys who decided to migrate over to WoW. We're going to be expanding our guild so that we can take part in the high-end content WoW has to offer... plus, I want a full set of Bloodfang armor for my rogue :P

My Lame PC

| Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz (450x8) | Asus Rampage Formula | 8096mb G. Skill DDR-1066 | 2 x 74GB WD Raptor - RAID 0 | eVGA Geforce GTX280 | Tagan Turbojet 1100w (U96) | SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro (64mb) | Lian-Li PC75B | Vista Ultimate x64 |
lostlilchild66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 06:53 PM   #579
Ninja Prime

Anyone else fought Ragnaros yet? Damn, he's frickin impossible, best we've done is get him to 68%.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 08:40 PM   #580
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime
Anyone else fought Ragnaros yet? Damn, he's frickin impossible, best we've done is get him to 68%.
Our group should be taking the bugger on within a month hopefully.
Old 07-02-05, 12:29 AM   #581
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
I do it all the time with my druid. Take out their minions then just rape the warlock. If he hurts you heal.
There's so many strategies for a lock against a druid I'm not going to bother to name them all. Basicly, if I have my felhunter out, the druid is going to have a hard enough time getting spell locked and his buffs all eaten up, plus the fact that I'll probably be siphoning life from you while simultaneously draining your mana. And then theres all the dots . . immolate, curse of tongues, and of course curse of agony. I prefer CoT against casters . . more time for me to tear them apart. And if I nightfall . . hehehe . . . well it'll be over quick my friend(nightfall is if corruption or drain life procs, then I get an instant cast shadow bolt). The fact is that you hafta to deal with both of us, which can be a lot of people's downfall. Most people tend to ignore our pets which can be to their benefit . . or not depending on the situation. Like any class, if we get the jump on you, its pretty much over from the start.

The class as it is right now has a lot of problems with it, but its extremely fun to play when you get the hang of it. Soul shards are a biatch, no real defensive ability against melee classes is even worse(fear DOES NOT count), and the fact that blizzard seems to blatantly ignore all of our real issues and only concern themselves with the demonology tree(which needed a lot of work anyway, but still). I enjoy it because its a challenge to play. I suppose I had to trade a bit of power for the uniqueness of the class, but I'm fine with that.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-05, 12:47 AM   #582
ChrisRay

Why are you using curses against a druid..? Thats like using magic dots against a priest...
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-05, 09:29 AM   #583
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Why are you using curses against a druid..? Thats like using magic dots against a priest...

Ummm . . I'm a warlock so what other tactic should I use?? Believe it or not it doesn't matter whether the curse gets cured or not . . they become so preoccupied with getting rid of what I put on them(I still got corruption, siphon life, immolate, nightfall SBs, drain life, etc . .)that before they know it they are dry of mana and I'm at full hp and mana quickly draining them till death. And if I decide to go with a bit of demonology . . well . . . fel dom an instant succubus and seduce if they get antsy. I'm not saying I will beat a druid everytime . . because like unlike most classes, in PvP we are purely circumstantial. If I have the right pet out(i.e. a felhunter), then I could take on perhaps any caster type including a druid. Voidwalker? Imp? Kind of at a loss there . . I could demonic sacrifice one of them for their respective bonuses . . or voidwalker sac, but that will not give me any true advantage. But I'm mostly affliction so you'll probably only see me with either a succ or felhunter. I like the fel since he has a decent amount of hp, mid range as far as damage is concerned, and has a good sized mana pool for dark pacting if necessary. Suc is for if I just wanna plow threw mobs with no down time. Fel is if I'm takin some higher lvl mobs and need a bit of a better tank, or if I'm fighting casters. Like I said, the majority of our abilities is reliant on the pet we have out at the moment. Including, some of our defensive abilities which is a bit of problem since if we don't happen to have that void sac, or succ seduce . . we gotta rely on a 1.5 second cast fear, or 2 second cast aoe fear HoT. We don't have a single instant cast defensive ability to call our own. And the only problem is, Blizz is focusing on the demon tree, which needed help in its own right yes, but wtf happened to the soul shard bag, the promised defensive ability, the solution to pet pathing issues(hunter problem as well, though it hurts us more since we lose shards)? They are basically telling us that we have to invest 25 some points into a talent tree that 'might' give us some sort of viable defense. Why the hell do we HAVE to be forced into a tree while other classes get their abilities as bought spells, not baring what talent tree they have specced at all? Kinda takes the uniqueness out of the talent trees if you force everybody in that class into that tree doesn't it? sigh . . . . .

Man, you kinda got me going there. Oh well. /end rant.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 09:21 AM   #584
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I decided to come back to the grand 'ole game. Just hit 59 last night, and I plan to hit 60 by Thursday. UBRS raid scheduled for this weekend and some major instance running next week during vacation should bring me back up to speed (hopefully).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-05, 07:16 PM   #585
vampireuk
**** Holster

Oh yes, we did it.

Old 07-06-05, 11:45 AM   #586
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Wow, congrats vamp! I hope to see that someday.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 07-06-05, 05:07 PM   #587
vampireuk
**** Holster

Was a hell of a fight to take her, on our 2nd attempt of that evening we got her down to 6%. We had a couple of terrible runs after that and on our 5th that night we took her down. When she spawns in 5 days I intend to forge Quel'Serrar.
Old 07-08-05, 09:38 AM   #588
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well looks like my hopes will be answered. By the end of the weekend I'll be done with the Onyxia key quest chain and we're raiding her next weekend. My guild just took her down last night! Oh and I just hit level 60 last night too. Whee!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410