Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-23-05, 06:12 PM   #553
ChrisRay

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
I hate you

Don't be gone too long, there is a rest cap. I hate hearing stories of druids soloing elites their level. I just can't break away from my warrior because I want to get to high end content soon!

Trust me. Bear form is not as appealing as it seems. Druids have the same problem Paladins have. We last forever but bear form is the lowest melee DPS in game.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 07:09 AM   #554
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I'm thinking of returning to WoW, my account's been dead for about 2 months now but I've definitely been interested in some of the new features. How's it looking now, guys? Is it worth it to come back?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 12:22 PM   #555
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Trust me. Bear form is not as appealing as it seems. Druids have the same problem Paladins have. We last forever but bear form is the lowest melee DPS in game.
I can attest to that. I have beaten many druids. Every time the druid goes to bear form as a last resort. When I see them do that, I really pour it on them cuz the end is near. I have also lost my share to druids.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 03:27 PM   #556
carkis

I only dueled one druid, and I lost so bad I never dueled one again. Roots = death. I know a druid who can solo the princess ... it takes 3 warriors to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Well I'm thinking of returning to WoW, my account's been dead for about 2 months now but I've definitely been interested in some of the new features. How's it looking now, guys? Is it worth it to come back?
The battlegrounds are the big new thing right now. Warsong Gulch CTF is very fun. I haven't played with Alterac "epic" battlegrounds mainly because it's hard to get people in there. There have been some balance changes for warriors and there's more to come. There's few "high-end content" but the upcoming patch is going to add some. I'm certainly not ready for it yet
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 09:58 PM   #557
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I can attest to that. I have beaten many druids. Every time the druid goes to bear form as a last resort. When I see them do that, I really pour it on them cuz the end is near. I have also lost my share to druids.

I just go to bear form, immediately. Slowly wear the warrior Down. A warrior has to kill me at least 3 times. Even with Mortal Strike.

Build up 100 Rage, ((Easy with a warrior on you)) ---> Click Frenzied Regeneration. 1 rage = 20 HP (10 rage at a time 200 Health regenerated every 1 second)) ((2,000 free HP in bear Form) ----> Tank some more ---> Low On HP, ---> Caster --> Nature's Swiftness ---> Healing Touch ((Instant 2,500 HP) + Rejuv, additional 900)) ((both instant casts)) ---> Pop Back into bear. --> Outlast again. --> Bash. 5 Second Stun. --> Pop Out, Cast Regrowth + Rejuvenation 3,000 HP Heal over times)) While stunned.

And usually a warrior just cant outlive my 3 lives. And if I'm smart. I can usually bash a 2nd time since its a 60 second timer. Mortal Strike can make things annoying but usually I can manage it. Add to the fact that druid mana regenerates while in forms. I dont have much trouble with warriors in duels. But duels just mean nothing to me.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 06-24-05, 10:11 PM   #558
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I'm away on vacation and just DYING to play again Just got my char to lvl 60 before I left.. havent had time to grind any high level instances yet..

The new features look awesome too, I had a few games on BG but never got to experience it fully. Everyone seen that Dark-something faire add-on coming? Looks awesome!
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 11:21 PM   #559
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
I just go to bear form, immediately. Slowly wear the warrior Down. A warrior has to kill me at least 3 times. Even with Mortal Strike.

Build up 100 Rage, ((Easy with a warrior on you)) ---> Click Frenzied Regeneration. 1 rage = 20 HP (10 rage at a time 200 Health regenerated every 1 second)) ((2,000 free HP in bear Form) ----> Tank some more ---> Low On HP, ---> Caster --> Nature's Swiftness ---> Healing Touch ((Instant 2,500 HP) + Rejuv, additional 900)) ((both instant casts)) ---> Pop Back into bear. --> Outlast again. --> Bash. 5 Second Stun. --> Pop Out, Cast Regrowth + Rejuvenation 3,000 HP Heal over times)) While stunned.

And usually a warrior just cant outlive my 3 lives. And if I'm smart. I can usually bash a 2nd time since its a 60 second timer. Mortal Strike can make things annoying but usually I can manage it. Add to the fact that druid mana regenerates while in forms. I dont have much trouble with warriors in duels. But duels just mean nothing to me.
And we're getting a nice bump in cat form among other things in patch 1.7.

[My new and final main is a Tuaren Druid....OMFG Sex...a bit boring on grinding and not so good at farming {that's what my Tauren Warrior and Undead Rogue are for} but Sex nonetheless]
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 01:47 AM   #560
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
And we're getting a nice bump in cat form among other things in patch 1.7.

[My new and final main is a Tuaren Druid....OMFG Sex...a bit boring on grinding and not so good at farming {that's what my Tauren Warrior and Undead Rogue are for} but Sex nonetheless]

Omg man druids are the BEST farmers. Can stealth anywhere, Heal and Tank, It doesnt get any better than that for instance farming. When I am done with my 7800GTX stuff. I intend to finish my druid ((2more levels)) Then my priest ((4 more)) so that they're both 60 and then farm instances :P

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 06-25-05, 02:10 PM   #561
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:

I hear ya, duels are just for fun and a great way to get to know other classes for PVPing. I have lost more time to druids than I have won but I haven't lost to a druid who used bear form. I also don't use mortal strikes or my other urber talents when dueling. They have a 20 minute cool down. When I fight a caster I sheild bash them to death so they can't cast spells and regen health. That is the key to dueling casters. Then I pull out my polearm and it usually takes 5 hits and they go down.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 02:27 PM   #562
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Fighting casters in duels I just push my second I win button (recklessness) I /bow as they wonder what the hell just happened to them.
Old 06-25-05, 07:08 PM   #563
ChrisRay

You two guys using an arcanite reaper? Usually the biggest problems druids face is they dont get any better damage when the higher end gear starts coming into equation so they scale poorly.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 06-25-05, 07:27 PM   #564
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Yeah I got my reaper a while back, I also have the quest to forge Quel'Serrar which we are attempting on Tuesday for a server first of taking down Onyxia and the first guild to get hold of Quel'Serrar.