Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-21-05, 11:54 PM   #481
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Guys I just bought WoW [Guild Wars is a gateway drug...] and I wanna know what server should I play on. What server do the majority of you play on. BTW I'm gonna be Alliance.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 06:07 PM   #482
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

OH NOES STAY AWAY FROM TEH ALLIANCE THEYS ALREADY TOO MANY OF DEM BIATCHES!!!!!1111ONEONEONE11!!

ahem. well I personally play on Eredar as Horde, but seeing as you would rather join the *cough* snobbish and *cough* zerg-like Alliance then I don't really know what to tell you . FOR TEH HORDE!!*

*Any and all negative references to Alliance are in good fun and are not meant to be taken seriously. Please don't flame me. Please????
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 10:48 AM   #483
carkis

Well at LEAST play Alliance on Firetree. That's the only server I've heard that has a shortage (slight). I play a Human mage. What can I say, I like playing the underdogs
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 12:07 PM   #484
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Well at LEAST play Alliance on Firetree. That's the only server I've heard that has a shortage (slight). I play a Human mage. What can I say, I like playing the underdogs
I'm a solo player, I try to partner up as little as possible. Horde has nothing quite as solo friendly as the paladin.
Old 05-23-05, 01:08 PM   #485
carkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
I'm a solo player, I try to partner up as little as possible. Horde has nothing quite as solo friendly as the paladin.
Aargh! Another pally

Just a warning: Firetree is a PVP realm, but as a paladin you shouldn't have too much trouble. I've heard it's much more fun in these realms, as my main is on a PVE. I'm still checkin' it out.
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 10:20 PM   #486
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:

What do you expect. WoW seems to have almost no real character customization. You've just got pre-set builds to play. Hopefully DDOs multi-class should fix that.
Old 05-23-05, 10:23 PM   #487
ChrisRay

Quote:
What do you expect. WoW seems to have almost no real character customization. You've just got pre-set builds to play. Hopefully DDOs multi-class should fix that.

Are you talking to yourself here?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 04:59 AM   #488
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=14268
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37316

Old 05-24-05, 12:25 PM   #489
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Are you talking to yourself here?
Er wrong post I quoted....hahaha...that was funny though.
Old 05-24-05, 11:45 PM   #490
UDawg
Retired spammer

I had the single worst time on WoW since I began. I was on a Baron raid and asked if the hunters would pull and trap, I like to use the rolls and sweep through the instance. I know Baron is not tough but still it is fun when everyone does their job in a orderly fashion. Well a rogue said I am the MT and don't be stupid. Ok I knew then this was going to turn out bad.

I pulled a couple of mobs and it was ok then I pull a ghost and the priest let me died and thought it was funny. Then the priest run up and was pulling things left and right and really wanted to blow through this. So I'm trying to keep up and getting pissed at the same time. I win a thorium lockbox and the rogue who said I was stupid said he would not open it for me. This is after the priest let me die another time. I asked if there was a problem and they said I sucked and was a moron. They would not explain why I was being the butt of their jokes.

Well it turns out that the priest was on a raid with me once and had a bad experience with me. Ok things happen but adults sort issues out and move on but not these kids. They never said what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is the time I accidentaly ninja looted the shadow skin or what ever it was in Sholo by mistake. Yes it was a stupid mistake but it happens and I appologized but they keed calling me name and i told them to knock it off. There are a few other times when stupid players tried to screw me out of loot I won but I don't think that was it. Basically I don't start crap but if people are going to be pricks I will leave teh party or just fire back at them.

After the 3rd time dying I said to the leader it seems you guys don't want me in the group. You could have told me instead of letting this go on. So I HS and left. He then cussed me out for leaving but the priest left before me and that pissed them off. I said you have no basis to be pissed at me for leaving, you as the leader of teh group let this go on. Then the stupid rogue started jawing at me in private saying I sucked and other 15 year old insults. I guess this is what happens when you let children play game. In fact it happens ever time a child get ahold of the internet and I really am tired of it.

BTW the guild that hates me is called Just Crusade on Elune. They are know to be a bunch of kids who are pricks. The funny thing is they would not be pulling this crap if any of us were at a lan with them. LOL I would be throw in jail for stuffing 20 guild members in a closet.

Basically I have had enough of stupid kids who emberass their parents with thier childish behavior. I quit WoW for good.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 04:01 AM   #491
ChrisRay

Meh.. I'm tired of my priest. Level 57 and I just cant bring myself to play the class. The Holy talent tree is a joke. You cant solo with shadow. The class is a 1 dimensional click fest. Pushing the same buttons soloing or grouping. If your group has any ounce of sense playing a priest is like babysitting.

Since I love being a healer. I've headed back towards druid. Who's now 33. Much more interesting class with alot more versatility..
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 04:12 PM   #492
Woodelf
I should be gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I had the single worst time on WoW since I began. I was on a Baron raid and asked if the hunters would pull and trap, I like to use the rolls and sweep through the instance. I know Baron is not tough but still it is fun when everyone does their job in a orderly fashion. Well a rogue said I am the MT and don't be stupid. Ok I knew then this was going to turn out bad.

I pulled a couple of mobs and it was ok then I pull a ghost and the priest let me died and thought it was funny. Then the priest run up and was pulling things left and right and really wanted to blow through this. So I'm trying to keep up and getting pissed at the same time. I win a thorium lockbox and the rogue who said I was stupid said he would not open it for me. This is after the priest let me die another time. I asked if there was a problem and they said I sucked and was a moron. They would not explain why I was being the butt of their jokes.

Well it turns out that the priest was on a raid with me once and had a bad experience with me. Ok things happen but adults sort issues out and move on but not these kids. They never said what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is the time I accidentaly ninja looted the shadow skin or what ever it was in Sholo by mistake. Yes it was a stupid mistake but it happens and I appologized but they keed calling me name and i told them to knock it off. There are a few other times when stupid players tried to screw me out of loot I won but I don't think that was it. Basically I don't start crap but if people are going to be pricks I will leave teh party or just fire back at them.

After the 3rd time dying I said to the leader it seems you guys don't want me in the group. You could have told me instead of letting this go on. So I HS and left. He then cussed me out for leaving but the priest left before me and that pissed them off. I said you have no basis to be pissed at me for leaving, you as the leader of teh group let this go on. Then the stupid rogue started jawing at me in private saying I sucked and other 15 year old insults. I guess this is what happens when you let children play game. In fact it happens ever time a child get ahold of the internet and I really am tired of it.

BTW the guild that hates me is called Just Crusade on Elune. They are know to be a bunch of kids who are pricks. The funny thing is they would not be pulling this crap if any of us were at a lan with them. LOL I would be throw in jail for stuffing 20 guild members in a closet.

Basically I have had enough of stupid kids who emberass their parents with thier childish behavior. I quit WoW for good.
That's a sad story, a similar thing happened to me (same age group). Other than that, I just got sick of the incompetance of waiting for people, just to find out (through follow up's) that they decided to do something else. I quit my guild around lvl 30 and have been solo since, even avoiding people to an extent. I wish there was an age icon above they're heads.
Anyway, at lvl 60 I'll try a guild again, by that time, I won't be so worried about wasting time.
For sure It'll be an adult guild.
I've been looking though the guild forums on my server (lightbringer) at WOW's site, for some.
Some seem promising.
I don't think you should totally give up though, I'd go solo for a while, look at the game from a not so critical angle. One thing is for sure though, there are alot of kids in the game (My 11 year old daughter for one =), As a 39 year old, I know that they are still learning too. You know quickly who they are through. I've noticed that certain races appeal to kids too, such as the rouge, so I'm weary about joining a group of them (expecially constantly jumping ones). You know, I wish there were meeting stones for adult guilds.
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote