Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-27-05, 09:23 PM   #37
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

yah i based my guild around helping lower lvl's. When someone usually joins, i give em a gold piece, the tailor gives em a free 12 slotter bag and if they need help either myself, the other lvl 53 warrior or one of the 3 lvl 60's will run em through quick. i've dragged about 12 guildies through Deadmines and BFD before and will be draggin another 4 through deadmines tonight. When you get to Stranglethorn vale (lvl 30. i reccommend this place to EVERYONE at lvl 30.) do the quests for the rebel camp and nesingwary's hunting party to gain easy exp quick. also whilst in STV, farm panthers, tigers and gorillas. the tigers and panthers drop [bristly whisker] which sells for 1g 40s for 20 of them to a vendor and the gorilla's drop [coarse gorilla hair] which sells for 1g 20s to vendors for 20 of em. They don't drop very often, but the gorillas drop the hair more than the panthers and tigers. the lowest lvl gorillas are lvl 33 though, and the tigers/panthers are lvl 29-32 near the entrance to STV.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 09:40 PM   #38
ruziel

I play a 60 rogue on Stormrage server, horde side. I'm loving every minute of WoW, except when trying to enter Molten Core raid zone. The raid lockout bug is just out of hand(If anyone who's 60 and is "in the know " will know what this is) Other than that, I enjoy logging on everyday

heres my gear if anyone cares lol. Hate using WoWRankings, buggy as hell it seems, it always seems to update when im not wearing my best critical hit gear lol oh well.
ruziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 09:40 PM   #39
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I just started a new char on Firetree, the new PvP server, so I can get a fresh start along with everyone else.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 10:08 PM   #40
WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruziel
except when trying to enter Molten Core raid zone. The raid lockout bug is just out of hand. If anyone who's 60 and is "in the know " will know what this is
hell even i know what that is. lol. absolutely sucks big time.
Old 02-28-05, 01:08 AM   #41
retsam

someone please explain ......
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-05, 08:55 AM   #42
WeReWoLf

molten core is an instance. It has a bug in it that splits the raid group in half.
Old 03-01-05, 11:10 AM   #43
anzak

After two months of trying almost every mmorpg available, I've finally settled on WoW. Im playing on Shadowsong because thats the realm my close friends play on. I have a level 12 undead mage. I've only picked one profession so far, tailor. What other profession would you recommend? Im thinking either enchanting or skinning.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 11:13 AM   #44
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I'd take skinning, personally. You can use some of the leather for your tailoring and sell the rest to make some money.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-05, 12:03 PM   #45
anzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
I'd take skinning, personally. You can use some of the leather for your tailoring and sell the rest to make some money.
Since tailoring isn't very profitable, thats a good recommendation. Thanks.

Enchanting seems really cool and the fact that I can make items to disenchant makes it even more appealing. The only problem is that everyone says its the worst profession because its a time and money sink. You also can't produce items to sell so its not very profitable.

Im going to continue to work on tailoring and see how much leather is required in higher level recipes. If I need lots of leatherm I'll go with skinning.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 12:17 PM   #46
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
The only problem is that everyone says its the worst profession because its a time and money sink. You also can't produce items to sell so its not very profitable.
This is true, though I believe once you reach a certain point you can make a good bit of money as an enchanter doing high-level weapon and armor enchants. However, it is an extremely costly process to get to this point and I can't say that it'd be worth it. But you can charge out the ass for enchants, though.

The best thing about skinning is how easy it is. You can skin more than half the mobs in the game, and it levels up extremely quickly. My Warrior's skinning is up to 287 now and I'm only level 44.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 04:59 PM   #47
WeReWoLf

I hit 300 skinning by lvl 40. i couldn't be bothered lvling up my leatherworking at the moment, so all of the leather i get supports my "fill-my-money-bag" charity.
Old 03-01-05, 05:13 PM   #48
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

The gathering professions are profitable at any level, the other professions (smithing, alch, tailor, leathermaking, etc...) are only profitable at higher levels
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote