Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-10-05, 05:25 PM   #445
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

What did he drop? I take it you didn't get anything considering you would have told us and how long did it take to kill Az and where over there did you find him? I have looked and looked but never have I seen him.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 05:34 PM   #446
carkis

I heard there are questlines you need to complete to get to him. Not sure about this though. I have heard about the new Mark of Frost which freezes you for a long time if you re-engage after dying. Sounds like suckiness!
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 05:48 PM   #447
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Do you know what Intimedating Shout is for? It is for fighting bosses so you can fear the adds away and get 6 seconds of dps out of the group on the boss. It is not a I'm in over my head and all I have is cloth armor caster talent. It fears every one away but the person you tagged. It is mean to give the group a fighting chance to kill the boss. Now that you know what it is for doesn't your comment seem a bit silly. In fact you whole post is silly. We have some thing that is called Challenging Shout. You use it to pull EVERY MOB IN THE AREA TO THE WARRIOR! It saves wussy caster's butts and many times kills the warrior and we do this to save the healers that we can't pull 2 or 3 mobs off of. If it is a mage I won't use this talent to save them... they can die, same with locks but druids and priest I will take one for the team. you don't hear casters taking one for the team, only warriors do and then no one helps us with our repair bill. Casters have a little talent called "eww get a way from me you nasty brute" and then they spam and yell "GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OFF ME!" yet it is usuall the stupid caster that aggroed by standing in a DUMB spot. A good warrior makes the group work well. A bad warrior distroys the group unless. So don't give me this warriors are wussies. We take the punishment and pull more and more to us.

Here is my quetion, why do pallys always run up ahead to the mob when a warrior pulls a mob? They do this and it stops the mob from coming to the group. Instead we have a pally and a mob way out infront of the area the warrior wants to pull the mob to. I don't get it, STAY THE HELL BACK! and don't attack the mob until the warrior hits one then you can slaughter them.

lol, ok....
Old 05-10-05, 06:22 PM   #448
UDawg
Retired spammer

LOL don't take it so serious. I am just venting to the fact that I am now bored with this game and Battlefield 2 is not out yet. .
Old 05-10-05, 06:23 PM   #449
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
I heard there are questlines you need to complete to get to him. Not sure about this though. I have heard about the new Mark of Frost which freezes you for a long time if you re-engage after dying. Sounds like suckiness!
He is a free-roaming Leet that a raid can kill. You just have to find him like any other roaming leet.
Old 05-10-05, 07:12 PM   #450
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
What did he drop? I take it you didn't get anything considering you would have told us and how long did it take to kill Az and where over there did you find him? I have looked and looked but never have I seen him.
He dropped

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37563
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35921
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35921
Some epic tailoring plan
some random blues and greens and...
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37544 which I rolled a 90 on

On our fourth attempt we took him down, we have got a group of good players together instead of taking a pickup group. On the first attempt this evening it was the first time we played together in a raid group, we took him down to 50%. On the second attempt we took him down to 22% and had some bad luck and the aggro was lost and he reset. The third attempt was just horrible we lost 4 healers right at the start. The fourth attempt rocked, we had lost all our tanks when he was down to 3-4% when I finally lost the mark of frost and dived straight into tanking him again. We had around 7 healers still standing and every bit of mana went straight into me until I dropped again. At around 1% every warrior with the mark went kamikaze equipped their 2h weapons and slapped recklessness on. No way in hell after all that were we going to lose the damn aggro that time
Old 05-10-05, 07:21 PM   #451
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
LOL don't take it so serious. I am just venting to the fact that I am now bored with this game and Battlefield 2 is not out yet. .

I'm not, you were.

BTW, I feel the same as you and I was hoping the game would have had more of a lasting appeal then what it has had. It sucks with the time that was invested and your left with what? Some boring ass predictable PVP system and our grind for a epic set that everyone else your lvl has, boring. I hardley think BG is going to change the game that much. Besides, the servers can't handle TM vs SS raids, BG is going to be a lag mess.
Old 05-10-05, 07:33 PM   #452
lognoronon

I still like WOW and I just mess around with lots of alts if I get bored on my main so no biggy for me. Usualy I'm raiding on my main (PvE not PvP). From a raid side of things we have Ragnaros down to 28% so I'm guessing that we nail him soon and lots of onyxia kills under our belts. Hopefully blackwing lair goes in soon.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-05, 10:57 AM   #453
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

I'm really perplexed as to how Blizzard is running out of material for extra content. I mean the beauty of games like these is that you get to interact with some pretty important, main characters who are involved in some big, game/storyline changing events. for example, am I the only one wondering where the hell Arthas has been all this time? and what about the forsaken's plan to take out the scourge? they've got all this potential content and haven't really done anything with it. all the seem to care about is the damn battlegrounds and PvP crap which according to a lot of people(in regards to PvP)isn' that great.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-05, 05:50 PM   #454
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

We had the servers first MC raid tonight and we took down Lucifron on our third attempt at it. I shall post a picture of its rotting corpse tommorow for I am tired and need sleep.
Old 05-11-05, 07:41 PM   #455
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

ragnaros has come very close to being killed a few times by forlorn legacy on windrunner.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 03:06 AM   #456
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

I know this may not seem like much but I just got my first honorable kill tonight and now all I have to say is . . . I Wants more!!!???!111 I am officially addicted to PvP. Coulda got another kill but I didn't even have my void helpin me(got feared. useless . . shoulda had my succubus . . . just got seduce for her) and I forgot I had Fear . .. arghhhh!!! Oh well . . . i'll get him next time . . . hehehehe . . .

Just fyi this is actually my first kill in ANY MMO not just WoW. so now maybe you can sort of realize why i'm so enthusiastic.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote