Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-20-05, 03:16 PM   #385
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

UDawg, the patch download is done on Bittorrent, meaning Bliz uses none of its own bandwidth (or very very little) to distribute it. The sad truth is that the servers cannot handle large groups of players battling it out in one concentrated area. This has been a problem since launch.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 03:24 PM   #386
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
UDawg, the patch download is done on Bittorrent, meaning Bliz uses none of its own bandwidth (or very very little) to distribute it. The sad truth is that the servers cannot handle large groups of players battling it out in one concentrated area. This has been a problem since launch.
Well then I was lied to. ...and Blizzard suck. BAHAHAA!
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 03:27 PM   #387
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Yeah, I mean, it's pretty annoying that the servers can't handle the load from a large group of players attacking a town. When the game launched, I started my character on a PVP server and did raids on Horde towns all the time, and every single one was horrendously laggy, and completely unplayable. From what I understand it's no different now.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-20-05, 04:22 PM   #388
carkis

Blizzard's torrent tracker is always lame and incredibly slow anyway, I can't imagine anyone actually using it to obtain patches. Thank goodness for filefront.

But yeah lag was pretty horrible then. There were at least 70 ppl battling at TM.
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 04:35 PM   #389
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Sweeping strikes has been changed so the second enemy only receives 50% of the damage you cause to your main target.
Old 04-20-05, 05:12 PM   #390
UDawg
Retired spammer

Ya I saw that vamp. It blows. That has nothing to do with dueling or PVP. It has to do with us being able to help the group out. Why they would do that is beyond me. It is a talent that does not give us a advantage over another class.

On a side note. I was in ST with a upper lvl rogue. He said keep the group near him cuz he can hit his target and on more. I laughed and said, you mean like my sweeping strikes, cleave and whirl wind, whirl wind BTW hit about 4 or 5 enemies at that same time. He said "YOU HAVE ALL THOSE ABILITIES!?" I said ya...that is why we are the tank and the taunt botts. From then on he was my buddy and was one of the most helpfull rogues in any group. He took all my suggestions and either did them or took them seriously then gave his opinion which was usually spot on.

I love it when we have a balanced group, rogue scouts and sapps hunter targets and sets trap, mage sheeps and dps *****s the target, priest cages, heals and aids mage in dps and the pally sits there in his free epic mount. BAHAHA couldn't help that last one. Seriously the pally helps be a secondary tank and it is much needed. I do like grouping with pallies. Oh and the warrior holds the mob together and pulls adds off casters. The way it should be.
Old 04-21-05, 08:32 AM   #391
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Anyone finding that the honor system is actually ruining the PVP system? Every raid now seems like an unorganized cluster **** with everyone trying to get that kill at all costs with nobody really playing the role and doing their job.

Also as a priest a can't comment on how awsome it is now that there is a anti-fear trinket. Should cut down undead rogues 2 second kill time to 1 second and now give all rogues a chance to get that 2 second kill on warlocks and priest. What a joke..

I dunno, maybe it's time to lvl my rogue more, maybe just see how fun a PVE server is or just quit.
Old 04-21-05, 10:23 AM   #392
UDawg
Retired spammer

PVP has always been a cluster fek.

Old 04-21-05, 11:11 AM   #393
carkis

Worse so now. I'm on a low pop server and it's just insane at tarren mill all the time now. I decided I wasn't ready for that kind of craziness so I was gonna quest until a 50 mage wouldn't stop attacking the crossroads. He kept at it for at least two hours practically alone (a 29 warrior and 37 hunter won't help much against a 55 war) no matter how outnumbered or outpowered he was. He was grouped with a 46 pally, but she got tired of him real quick and left. I couldn't understand why someone would enjoy dying all the time. Weird. Got 26 kills off him and his cronies, if they even counted.
Old 04-21-05, 12:42 PM   #394
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Blizzard's torrent tracker is always lame and incredibly slow anyway, I can't imagine anyone actually using it to obtain patches. Thank goodness for filefront.
I always get 120Kps+ on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Sweeping strikes has been changed so the second enemy only receives 50% of the damage you cause to your main target.
You gotta be ****ting me.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-21-05, 02:07 PM   #395
carkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
I always get 120Kps+ on it?
Wow. I can never get more than 5 and I often upload more than I download. Half of the time it isn't even downloading. This happened to me with three patches so I gave up and found another site.
Old 04-21-05, 02:27 PM   #396
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Wow. I can never get more than 5 and I often upload more than I download. Half of the time it isn't even downloading. This happened to me with three patches so I gave up and found another site.
I'm sure you've heard this before but is your firewall configured properly?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410