Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-20-05, 10:58 AM   #373
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Warriors are not a melee dps class. You want us to have melee dps, uber armor, uber aggro, AND uber pvp? Come on, that isn't at all fair. Warriors are TANKS, not DPS machines. Tanks in MMORPGs traditionally do a medium amount of damage while being able to absorb a ton. That's the role you chose - the meatshield.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 11:03 AM   #374
UDawg
Retired spammer

Blizzard has said on many occasions that warriors are the top melee class. Sorry I'm just going by what they initially said and what they have said right up to the patch before this one.

No place did I say I wanted us to be uber everything. I am saying quit nerfing us. Besides armor does nothing for spells.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 11:23 AM   #375
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Warriors got one nerf before the game went live and a ton of love in the last patch. "Top melee class" doesn't necessarily mean "greatest damage dealer". I know I can handle more opponents at once than a rogue by far. All of our skills and talents are designed to maximize our effectiveness in a group melee situation.

We already have the highest AC, and best aggro control of any class. You want us to have extremely high melee dps as well? I can't see how that makes any sense. So our kill rate will be much higher and we'll have zero downtime since we'll take out opponents faster than they can damage us?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-20-05, 11:35 AM   #376
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Actually Ninja we got nerfed to hell with the latest patch, sweeping strikes, cleave and flurry have all been nerfed.
Old 04-20-05, 12:29 PM   #377
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
We already have the highest AC, and best aggro control of any class. You want us to have extremely high melee dps as well? I can't see how that makes any sense. So our kill rate will be much higher and we'll have zero downtime since we'll take out opponents faster than they can damage us?
Yes What do you think to melee class means, we can use a kick arss 2h sword but still get out dps by a rogue? LOL Come on bro that doesn't make sense.

I understand that Blizzard is trying to keep us from being superment but they when way to far and they keep doing it to us.

As far as the loving in the patch before this one, we got a bone thrown to us. Big deal execute doesn't wipe rage on a miss. PFFT that was basically it. We got just a bit of rage in crease but no dps increase. Remember Pallies can use and wear what we can and they can heal them selves. The only thing they can't do is taunt BFD! So they can sit back and poke thier point sticks while not being attacked cuz they know I will pull the mob off them. Then they later want to duel you and then say you suck.
Old 04-20-05, 12:51 PM   #378
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Actually Ninja we got nerfed to hell with the latest patch, sweeping strikes, cleave and flurry have all been nerfed.
???
How so? Sweeping strikes seems to be working just fine...don't have flurry though, and I never use cleave since it's basically worthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Yes What do you think to melee class means, we can use a kick arss 2h sword but still get out dps by a rogue? LOL Come on bro that doesn't make sense.
Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense. We have higher BURST damage than rogues, MUCH higher. But we don't have higher DPS than them. That DOES make sense because we are supposed to be either slow-hitting 2h-wielders or defense-oriented 1h/shield wielders.
Quote:
As far as the loving in the patch before this one, we got a bone thrown to us. Big deal execute doesn't wipe rage on a miss. PFFT that was basically it. We got just a bit of rage in crease but no dps increase.
Uhm, rage generation? You now generate full rage on parries, dodges, and blocks, where you generated NONE before. I have more rage than I know what to do with now. My DPS nearly doubled as a result. I can kill faster and have less downtime while soloing and am much more effective as a tank due to more rage available for Sunder Armor.
Quote:
Remember Pallies can use and wear what we can and they can heal them selves.
They also do less DPS than us and cannot hold aggro at all. They're a hybrid class and frankly quite pointless at endgame. Priests are better healers and warriors are better tanks.

Say what you want but what you are asking for is an "uber-class" with all strengths and no weaknesses.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-20-05, 01:12 PM   #379
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense. We have higher BURST damage than rogues, MUCH higher. But we don't have higher DPS than them. That DOES make sense because we are supposed to be either slow-hitting 2h-wielders or defense-oriented 1h/shield wielders.
You would think 2h would do more damage than a rogue since it is supposed to be heavier and that leads to being slower. As far as dual wield goes which I use we have more strength than rogues so we should do more dps period but no on dual wield we are below them. Sorry a rogue that is not as strong as us should not give more dps. They have stun lock and stealth and that is where their talents should lie, not in dps. I don't buy that who "they need to get in an out quickly so they need dps" No they have stun and stealth. They should be able to out smart their enemy with their talents and beat them that way. Instead then can out smart us and then out dps us in any duel. It blows.

There is a reason why evey one says warriors sucks that are not warriors....cuz they do as far as duels and PVP.
Old 04-20-05, 01:23 PM   #380
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
You would think 2h would do more damage than a rogue since it is supposed to be heavier and that leads to being slower.
It does. 2h weapons have much higher damage per hit than 1h, especially daggers.
Quote:
As far as dual wield goes which I use we have more strength than rogues so we should do more dps period but no on dual wield we are below them.
We are equal or higher than them unless they are combat specc'd. Many rogues (such as my own) are Subtlety specced and do not have the Dual Wield Specialization talent.
Quote:
They have stun lock
nerfed to hell
Quote:
and stealth and that is where their talents should lie, not in dps.
They have the option to sacrifice stealth and go Combat or sacrifice DPS and go Subtlety. It gives them flexibility just like Warriors can choose between defense or offense (though admittedly the only viable endgame build is 31/5/15 or 31/20/0).

You are making the mistake of thinking of a Rogue as a thief, when you should be thinking of them as an assassin.

I have not lost many duels, for the record, and that includes many fights against paladins and rogues. Warriors are fine.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 04-20-05, 02:29 PM   #381
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
nerfed to hell
REALLY!? huh... well that does make me happy Explain more on this. This is one area I really hated about rogues.

I do have to say I totaly love my warrior and will not play any other class. There are just a couple areas where I would like a change.

BTW I don't duel much but I usually lose when I do unless it is a druid or hunter. Every time I've dueld a pally or rogue I have lost. I have only duel a priest twice and I won one. He claimed it was lag but he sure keep casting while I was pumeling him. I did lose big time to a mage cuz I could not get to him then again mages are dps kings but that doesn't bother me cuz they die easily if some one breaks wind.
Old 04-20-05, 02:32 PM   #382
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Rogue stuns as well as any other snare or stun effect has been subjected to diminishing returns now, meaning that 1st time with be full effect, 2nd 1/2, 3rd 1/4, and immunity thereafter. Which is indirectly a huge boost for Warriors.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-20-05, 02:49 PM   #383
carkis

I remember reading that the diminishing returns resets after 15 sec of the last stun. Last night at Tarren Mill I was still getting frost shocked like crazy but I don't know if there were a bunch of shaman around because the warzone was insane.
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 03:14 PM   #384
UDawg
Retired spammer

carkis, I bet you got hit by more than one shaman as you suspect. Also the lag was so terrible because of the patch DL by IDIOTS! that it was very easy to get confused as to when you were stunned.

Why don't people DL the patch from a 3rd patry site? Bunch of idiots. Also why didn't Blizzard put the DL on another server?