Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-05, 02:10 PM   #301
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Taunt is a must to keep dumb priest alive who think they are tanks or who have no clue where to stand in a instance and aggro a whole room. I stance dance a lot, tough revenge is pretty pathetic but it is getting better now that I have it improved.

Here is a question, does charging especially in a instance aggro? I have done it in a small mob and not aggroed anyone but I would like to know for certain before I make a decission on whether or not to use it.

My second question is does intimedating shout aggro as well. If we are out numbered I would like ot use it but fear aggroing more to our spot.
You generate more aggro if you are the first PC the mobs "notice", and even more so if you land the first hit, and you usually Charge into a group (thus drawing more aggro to yourself). Casters will easily override the initial aggro you pick up, but it's a good way to keep it on you for the other melee classes. Movement speed does not have an effect.

Creatures that run into other groups from Intimidating Shout will aggro more on you and it is suicide to use this ability in an instance; it is strictly for soloing.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 02:54 PM   #302
UDawg
Retired spammer

That is what I thought about intimidating shout.

As far as charging, lets say I am in SM doing Doan (not sexually ) and I charge the first two in the hallway. You are saying it will not pull the next two further down that hall? I was told never to charge because it will aggro the whole room. I said yes if I pick a guy way in the back and my path goes through the whole room but if I just charge to the first two guys I am sure it will just hold aggro and not pull more. Am I bassically right?
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 02:58 PM   #303
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Intimidating Shout aggros if noone else is hitting that mob; then it becomes useful. Thunder clap is the same way. If there is a non-hostile beast nearby however, they will become your new friend too. The radius of the shout will aggro, but it's not that large.

Not sure about charge though.
Ya thunder clap is safe to use in the mob that you are fighting but if you are in BFD for example taking on the turtle boss you cannot use thunderclap unless you want to fight the other turtles that may be close.

Thunderclap is great to use on ogres and dwarves since they will pound you very quickly and you need to slow their attack a bit.
Old 03-31-05, 10:34 AM   #304
carkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Creatures that run into other groups from Intimidating Shout will aggro more on you and it is suicide to use this ability in an instance; it is strictly for soloing.
My bad, I was thinking of demoralizing shout. Yeah, intimidating shout is suicide
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 10:51 AM   #305
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
That is what I thought about intimidating shout.

As far as charging, lets say I am in SM doing Doan (not sexually ) and I charge the first two in the hallway. You are saying it will not pull the next two further down that hall? I was told never to charge because it will aggro the whole room. I said yes if I pick a guy way in the back and my path goes through the whole room but if I just charge to the first two guys I am sure it will just hold aggro and not pull more. Am I bassically right?
You'll aggro what you would normally aggro, Charge doesn't increase the radius of your aggro or anything. However, if you run through a creature's aggro radius during your charge you will have a new friend. If there are creatures arranged like this:

X X

<- Monsters!

X X

O <- You!

...and you charge the first two, the last two will not aggro unless you are inside their aggro radius. However, if you charge the last two, you will pull all 4 because you'll charge right through the first two.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-31-05, 11:36 AM   #306
UDawg
Retired spammer

Right, that is what I told my guildies but they said I was wrong. My reply was "are any of you warriors"? I was then told I don't know how to play a warrior. Sigh So I charged in SM and NOTHING BAD HAPPENED! The only thing that can happen is if your lvl is to low. They will smell you and that aggros not the charge. Thanks for confirming what i already knew but I need another well infromed opinion on this.
Old 03-31-05, 01:34 PM   #307
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well, plus, you HAVE to Charge! It's 15 free Rage, for chrissakes (21 with Talents)! Sounds like your guildies are a bunch of retards, heh heh.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-31-05, 02:08 PM   #308
UDawg
Retired spammer

Yeah, they just never pay attention to warriors. BTW what realm are you on and can I migrate from Elune to yours so I can get in a guild that understands warriors?

Old 03-31-05, 02:25 PM   #309
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Ah well, I am rested all the way to 58 and then some, so I dont mind a little bit of downtime
Old 03-31-05, 02:32 PM   #310
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Yeah, they just never pay attention to warriors. BTW what realm are you on and can I migrate from Elune to yours so I can get in a guild that understands warriors?
Sorry, I'm on Gilneas and I don't think they are allowing people to migrate there (at least I hope not...hearing how bad it is for other servers). You might try looking for a new guild though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-01-05, 03:36 AM   #311
Nuvian

hehe,been reading thro the whole thread,and was wondering if the honour system has gonne live yet?and will it effect pvp aswell?saw some posts like 10 pages ago that said it will only effect pve,altho the official WoW site said it would effect pvp aswell,still waiting for my copy of the game (damn thing is sold out in europe).
planing on a nice warrior fury/arms build focused on slow 2 hander and crits.
Mem:OCZ DDR2 2048MB Platinum XTC
GPU:POV GeFORCE 8800GTX
PSU:Seasonic S12 600W
Sound:X-Fi Xtreme Fatal1ty Prof
Screen:BenQ FP241W
Nuvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 09:18 AM   #312
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvian
hehe,been reading thro the whole thread,and was wondering if the honour system has gonne live yet?and will it effect pvp aswell?saw some posts like 10 pages ago that said it will only effect pve,altho the official WoW site said it would effect pvp aswell,still waiting for my copy of the game (damn thing is sold out in europe).
planing on a nice warrior fury/arms build focused on slow 2 hander and crits.
If you're going for that you should go for an Arms 31/Fury 20 build with Axe Spec. Make sure you get Deep Wounds and Impale, and Improved Overpower is REQUIRED. At endgame go for an Arcanite Reaper and you'll be set.

The Honor system is not going to be implemented for PVP UNLESS Blizzard finds that griefing becomes so disruptive as action needs to be taken. As it is, you can only be griefed on a PVP server and frankly there's no point in playing on a PVP server anyway (unless you like corpse runs) so I'd stick with PVE and enjoy Battlegrounds once it comes out.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410