Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-15-05, 12:06 PM   #193
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

I had a 42 rogue, i didn't like him as much as I do my shaman. Rogues don't get totems or windfurry and that's boring for me!

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 04:01 PM   #194
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
*yawn* still making a fuss over this?

*sticks on ignore* makes it a lot simpler not having to read that tripe.

Yeah, or running from a battle you started, continue at your convenience and can't win.
Old 03-15-05, 05:07 PM   #195
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Yeah, or running from a battle you started, continue at your convenience and can't win.
I dont think Vampire started anything, but its pointless bickering like this will get a helpful thread locked.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 05:46 PM   #196
UDawg
Retired spammer

I don't care about any of that. I just hope this thread is cleaned up and made a stickie. Oh and Rob sux0rs teh dumb warrior...
There isn't any need to close the thread. Since I will just open another WOW thread. I just want a place to talk about this game since is is 60% of my life now...pathetic but almost true.

Seriously I just want a good clean place to talk about this game. If we could keep the bickering confined to the Politics Forum that would be great.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 06:08 PM   #197
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
Sorry, you dueled a bad rogue. My 49 rogue has never lost a duel to a warrior, and Ive beaten paladins my level, mages 5 levels above me, warriors a few levels above me. The only thing I have a hard time with is another rogue.
Most likely true, the rogue wasn't as good as I've seen but in my defence I'm also quite handy with the warrior. We just have a hard time 1 on 1, in groups we start beating down people.

Oh man we had some fun tonight, a large group of level 40+ horde attack westfall, I thought nothing of it since they usually attack there now and again, they then moved onto goldshire, then they hit northshire valley, which annoyed us. We flew in from tanaris and kicked them out of redridge

"My kills" tonight included a 51 orc warrior, a 52 troll rogue, a 42 tauren shaman and.....drum roll please...a level 60 undead rogue Now the higher levels had two of us beating on them but I'm calling them my kills since the finishing shots were down to me and my execute. In fact the 60 rogue tried ganking me several times after I finished him off only to get mobbed and beat down once again. A extremely fun night of pvp, oh and the 51 orc warrior was a feather in my cap since she was at a previous raid at the crossroads and would constantly run from me despite been at least 5 levels above me, tonight she had no place to run to.
Old 03-15-05, 06:24 PM   #198
UDawg
Retired spammer

YA! I love those battles. I get into a few but I am still a lowbie so I stay on the outside but once I get up there I am all over PVP action.

Oh I was going to Booty Bay last night and I was attacked by a lvl 40 thing that activated my PVP, you know what I'm talking about. Any way I didn't notice it and was recovering from beating it and then a panther and tiger jumped in at the end (lucky I had greater helth) so I barely beat them. I was resting on the road when a lvl 50 rogue undead ganked me in STEALTH and his shaman and another one jumped in. I just stood there and let it happen since the out-come was going to be death. Any way I just thought to my self, why not just come up and kill me head on since you are 13 lvls above me instead of being a puss and going stealth? I don't mind being ganked, its part of the game and fun to do to other but man just start attacking me especially when he had 3 other 50 and above with him. LOL

So I started a rogue and I am dumping a bunch of stuff in my bank for him to use later.
Old 03-15-05, 06:34 PM   #199
vampireuk
**** Holster

It's amazing how many buffs you will get thrown on you when you arrive in a battle zone on your mount. Players from your faction just through everything they have on you, plus you have the added bonus of people tend to follow what the guys on the mounts are doing. So if the mounts charge the 40 plus people behind you charge.

The level 60 rogue that I finished off is one that people are always talking about, mainly because he sat in the back of the bank of IF ganking bankers. I think we proved to around 100 people tonight that he really is not that difficult to beat. He attacks way too many people and attacks the wrong people. For example I had shield wall up and he continued to try and attack me as he was causing a massive 7 damage, I giggled it tickled that much. Then he attacked my fellow guild member who had a holy shield activated from his truesilver champion. Despite the fact this rogue could not touch him he continued to try and attack him as the paladin beat him down from the front and I hammered him WITH MY AXE UDAWG from behind. Another time he tried to gank a low level we rushed in to get him again, once again he went for the paladin with the shield. I used demoralizing shout, sundered him a couple of times then used disarm, he went down quite quickly after that. The guy must think rogues can be used as tanks to play like he does.
Old 03-16-05, 02:34 PM   #200
FuSi0N

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
YA! I love those battles. I get into a few but I am still a lowbie so I stay on the outside but once I get up there I am all over PVP action.

Oh I was going to Booty Bay last night and I was attacked by a lvl 40 thing that activated my PVP, you know what I'm talking about. Any way I didn't notice it and was recovering from beating it and then a panther and tiger jumped in at the end (lucky I had greater helth) so I barely beat them. I was resting on the road when a lvl 50 rogue undead ganked me in STEALTH and his shaman and another one jumped in. I just stood there and let it happen since the out-come was going to be death. Any way I just thought to my self, why not just come up and kill me head on since you are 13 lvls above me instead of being a puss and going stealth? I don't mind being ganked, its part of the game and fun to do to other but man just start attacking me especially when he had 3 other 50 and above with him. LOL

So I started a rogue and I am dumping a bunch of stuff in my bank for him to use later.
Do some of these players hang around to kill spawn?
FuSi0N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-05, 03:13 PM   #201
UDawg
Retired spammer

I know some do but it hasn't ever happened to me. If it did it would only take me once to realize they are camping the spawn and I will go through rez sickness to avoid that.
Old 03-17-05, 01:26 AM   #202
Blacklash
8^9^3

Cancelled the world of workcraft and tedium, aka EQ 2 and order WoW today. Guess I will see if it's fun soon enough. This quote from a review of WoW caught me.

"What we do play games for is to set our imaginations free and have some fun, and if playing WoW tells you anything, itís that Blizzard hasnít forgotten that."
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 04:22 AM   #203
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
It's amazing how many buffs you will get thrown on you when you arrive in a battle zone on your mount. Players from your faction just through everything they have on you, plus you have the added bonus of people tend to follow what the guys on the mounts are doing. So if the mounts charge the 40 plus people behind you charge.

The level 60 rogue that I finished off is one that people are always talking about, mainly because he sat in the back of the bank of IF ganking bankers. I think we proved to around 100 people tonight that he really is not that difficult to beat. He attacks way too many people and attacks the wrong people. For example I had shield wall up and he continued to try and attack me as he was causing a massive 7 damage, I giggled it tickled that much. Then he attacked my fellow guild member who had a holy shield activated from his truesilver champion. Despite the fact this rogue could not touch him he continued to try and attack him as the paladin beat him down from the front and I hammered him WITH MY AXE UDAWG from behind. Another time he tried to gank a low level we rushed in to get him again, once again he went for the paladin with the shield. I used demoralizing shout, sundered him a couple of times then used disarm, he went down quite quickly after that. The guy must think rogues can be used as tanks to play like he does.
Whats shield wall?
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 05:22 AM   #204
vampireuk
**** Holster

It's ability available in defensive stance for the warrior, you need a shield equiped to use the ability. It reduces all damage done by mobs by 75% for 10 seconds, I always use it with challenging shout so I take the attention of every mob around me and they tickle me for 7 dmg each.

It's a hell of a ability when used properly in a group, I used it when we had to fight 4 elite ogres including some ugly ogre boss. Blood rage - beserker stance - intercept - defensive stance - demoralizing shout to attract the attention of the others - challenging shout when the priest heals to keep the aggro followed by shield wall. Dead ogres.