Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-15-05, 04:16 AM   #169
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

I would have agreed that many warriors do in fact suck, my intention was not to say the entire priest class sucks as they are very useful if played correctly. We don't force the priests in our guild to heal 24 hours a day but we make them understand that when we are in a instance we need them to heal, our 4 tanks can dish out more than enough damage to take the mobs but we need our priest to be watching out for health. I don't boss people around I just inform them of what the job is before the instance starts, if they don't do the job in the instance I remind them again, if they still don't do it then I get bloody annoyed. Having 4 elites beating on you and not getting healed starts to hurt after a while.

How about we move onto something we can all agree on, warlocks suck.
Old 03-15-05, 04:23 AM   #170
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I would have agreed that many warriors do in fact suck, my intention was not to say the entire priest class sucks as they are very useful if played correctly. We don't force the priests in our guild to heal 24 hours a day but we make them understand that when we are in a instance we need them to heal, our 4 tanks can dish out more than enough damage to take the mobs but we need our priest to be watching out for health. I don't boss people around I just inform them of what the job is before the instance starts, if they don't do the job in the instance I remind them again, if they still don't do it then I get bloody annoyed. Having 4 elites beating on you and not getting healed starts to hurt after a while.

How about we move onto something we can all agree on, warlocks suck.
Heh, thats fine. But I felt it was adequately pointed out. That some players suck. I for the most felt you were generalising. Either way. It's water under a bridge as far as I'm concerned. I have a term for what I called "bad players". Mainly because I had experience with one in my teens in beta. His name was "Beastman" and he was a paladin. Who, Looted everything. Never healed. Never helped. Was off running around soloing. and was just an all around player. For now these days I generally call players that remind me of that "Beastmen".
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 04:32 AM   #171
vampireuk
**** Holster

Hell in the beta we had a terrible warrior in our group, we were in the deadmines, a all low level group grinding along. We got to the ship and he starts using charge and pulls around 8 elites. Luckily for our guild groups I know my place as a warrior, I get bItch smacked by elites while they kill them.
Old 03-15-05, 04:37 AM   #172
ChrisRay

Quote:
Hell in the beta we had a terrible warrior in our group, we were in the deadmines, a all low level group grinding along. We got to the ship and he starts using charge and pulls around 8 elites. Luckily for our guild groups I know my place as a warrior, I get bItch smacked by elites while they kill them.

Hehe. When I am in a dungeon with someone who makes a bad pull and I know its over. I step back and just wait for everyone to whipe. And then res/return. If I feel its hopeless I have always felt its more productive to let everyone die and res them. Than it is to die with the group. Now obviously this is with a bit discretion. But its reminscent of the old EQ 1 idea where everyone shouted for clerics to camp. Just easier for everyone else if the Priest survives. Unless theres a pally in group. Dying as a priest is the last thing you want to do. Which makes me wonder/question some of the priest Holy Talents which require you to die. Heh
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 03-15-05, 04:40 AM   #173
vampireuk
**** Holster

Generally if we get absolutely mobbed I tell everybody to run, bang on shield wall and use challenging shout. For the next 10 seconds the mobs tickle me while the others get to a safe distance, then I get murdered.

Also do you know where the quest is for branching off into sword smithing? I read blizzard lowered the requirements to level 45 which I hit last night and I'm at 261 BS skill. I read somewhere the quest is in a instance with a 62 elite boss, if so I may put it off for a while.
Old 03-15-05, 04:46 AM   #174
retsam

Quote:
Blizzard clearly stated that Priests were not to be healbots when they made this game
thats what us druids are for ....were nothing more then healbots....
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 05:03 AM   #175
ChrisRay

I know nothing about smithing myself Vampire, I havent done any trade skills beyond tailoring/enchanting so far. So wouldnt know where to begin. You use thotbot?

Quote:
thats what us druids are for ....were nothing more then healbots....
Heh Probably because Druids heal pretty much as well as Priests with the exception of Power Word: Shield and and group heal. People are starting to catch wind of this You poor druids ^^

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 03-15-05, 06:15 AM   #176
vampireuk
**** Holster

From what I have read from the small snippets of info available it involves a trek through felwood and some high level instance with a 62 elite boss. But Blizzard lowered the requirements so I'm not sure if the quest may have changed, I will find out damnit.

Old 03-15-05, 07:58 AM   #177
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Again with the deleting of the posts chris? Since when is it acceptable for two members to act like arseholes(outside the PF) about something as little as a game. I was voicing complaints due to my own personal experiences and you two little kids came crawling out from under your rocks to whine cry and act like general idiots.

Lets see. You come in slagging off priest, you get a rebuttal by a few who play the game. The heat turns up a bit because you continue to slag off the priest crowd and you can't handel it and go off on a insult tangant.

Um yeah, we're the kids..
Old 03-15-05, 08:16 AM   #178
vampireuk
**** Holster

*yawn* still making a fuss over this?

*sticks on ignore* makes it a lot simpler not having to read that tripe.

Last edited by vampireuk; 03-15-05 at 08:27 AM.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 08:49 AM   #179
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Did anyone hear that supposedly the honor system won't count for PvP, only PvE?? That's effing ridiculous if that's true, it gives PvP no meaning then. They better not do that, some people in general were talking about it yesterday on my daily PK runs in Hillsbrad. If they made the honor system only count for PvE then I'm most def gonna start a petition O_o

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 08:56 AM   #180
vampireuk
**** Holster

Honor simply will not work in pvp, you could get groups of lower levels ganging up on one higher level and he would not be able to kill them otherwise he would get several dishounorable kills (I can't spell today). Also if you had a lower level guild member around you would lose honour for defending him from dying. It is a good idea is the honour system but it simply is not viable in pvp.