Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-05, 09:39 PM   #1
ChrisRay

Default Man Nintendo wasnt the second coming of Christ.

But according to the old CEO of Nintendo they were. This company/and guy has a got lot of audacity in his opinions/beliefs and this mentality that killed nintendo IMO.

http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180

P.S. Hmm I just read this article was fake. Which is good. Cuz I was angry
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 09:53 PM   #2
GamerGuyX

Default Re: Man Nintendo wasnt the second coming of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
P.S. Hmm I just read this article was fake. Which is good. Cuz I was angry

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 11:26 PM   #3
Elderblaze

Killed Nintendo eh? Last i checked they where doing pretty good hehe.

Regards,
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 01:53 AM   #4
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderblaze
Killed Nintendo eh? Last i checked they where doing pretty good hehe.

Regards,
Mike

In the console market? Sure they have the hand held market and the pokemon franchise. But their console is hardly worth writing home about. It has a few good games. But I cant see a reason to really buy one over the options available.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 03:10 AM   #5
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

And with the PSP they'll probably loose the only niche market they still control
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 03:21 AM   #6
Rakeesh

Well they still have pokemon, unless digimon or monster rancher suddenly become popular. (actually come to think of it I think both of those are exclusively playstation titles)

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 03:27 AM   #7
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Fakedy fake fake fake...

besides MUYA posted it 3 days ago in the open forum

I got my hands on a PSP yesterday btw, in a local game/import shop here in Leeds. Only for about 30 seconds, the guy in the store was giving me funny looks and looked nervous. The buttons felt a little small compared to the dual shock, but my GOD that screen is nice.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 03:36 AM   #8
Elderblaze

I meant they sold enough units to turn a profit. There are many good titles for gamecube as well, though im not a console gamer, Metroid Echo's got huge acclaimjust recently, there where quite a few big releases in oct/nov/dec. Many even said Echo's was better then Halo 2. The handheld market.. we'll just have to wait and see. I don't see many parents buying timmy psp's, just too damn expensive and big. Like it or not, kids are the majority of the handheld market.

The Gamecube also has better profit margins then ps2/xbox, nintendo makes more per unit sold.

Regards,
Mike

Old 01-07-05, 04:18 AM   #9
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Thats because Xbox's certainly and possibly the new PS2's although I'm not sure, are sold at a loss, and the difference is recovered in software sales.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 06:58 AM   #10
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

The GameCube is great system just like the N64 but just like that system only games made by nintendo and few others have trully done the system justice. The other systems have for more varity and games. Also some would miss out on a great system because they think it's for kids but I dont. One of my favorite system with the best exclusives. Also I remember reading Nintendo loses nothing when it sells a cube and could sell it for $50 and still not lose anything.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 11:22 AM   #11
Parts

Yeah people under estimate the graphics processor in the Gamecube, if you look at its top games its right up there with the other consoles (well maybe stuck between Xbox and PS2 so its kinda the mid graphics console) their only problem is bad development of games. exclusives like RE4 and the Metroid series are what keep people interested, and surprise hits like Viewtiful Joe help too.... its very affordable and who cares if it doesnt have online play, the good games are still fun.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 11:55 AM   #12
Elderblaze

eh? if your refering to the cube's graphics performance (somthing i was not even talking about) it's squarely above the PS2 in power, but below Xbox. This dosent have anything to do with the thread though.

Regards,
Mike