Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-10-10, 06:17 PM   #13
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11
Default Re: ***Official Final Fantasy XIII Feedback Thread***

I've only played a few hours but I'm liking it. It's all a matter of opinion of course but as I get older I have less time. Just like a movie or a good book I like to have some goal to strive for. I can't play non-linear RPG's any more because I always feel like there is so much to choose from I miss the story. I don't have hours to spend doing every mini game or side quest and I certainly don't have the time to go back to play it again.

I play all my games on easy, I go through them hoping for good graphics, game play and story. If it has those I don't care that it's linear, it's just like a good movie or book. I'd hate it if the main story went off in a movie on some random tangent. So far I'm digging FFXIII and the linear feel. I like it a lot. Very good game so far.

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 06:29 PM   #14
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I played it for about 2 hours and honestly I am not getting into it. Maybe it's too early for me to really decide if I like it or not, but as of now I am not liking the combat system. Maybe I am just too use to the pause and turn based games I have been playing lately, but it feels like there is no strategy to it at all, just pick auto and it all seems to work out right. I liked it better when it was turn based then I got to pick what each character would do/use. It does seem extremely linear, so far no surprises and it seems everything shows up on the map. There haven't been any mini games yet but it's early. I also don't like the whole if the leader dies then the game is over even if everyone else if fine and you have phoenix down potions available.

You dont even have all the combat system available to you yet lol. Its diffrent thats for sre but iI like it. Im about to go and play some more I got roughly 15 hours in.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 02:13 AM   #15
KasuCode
Wiley

The more I play the more I enjoy this game.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 03-11-10, 04:02 AM   #16
lognoronon

Got 16 hours in and like it so far. The start is kind of slow with combat options but it opens up. I find myself switching paradigms all the time to make it through so I don't consider it mindless. You have to actually pay attention to a lot of battles and not just hit the auto option constantly or you are going to wind up dead all the time.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 06:25 PM   #17
Viral
Registered User of Women

I'm about halfway through chapter 3 and it definitely got a lot better. The first two chapters where boring as hell until you unlock all the combat system. I still prefer XII's system, but this one is still above the older system in many ways. The main thing I like so far the way you can catch enemies off guard and stagger them. The stagger system itself is alright too.

Much of the addictive leveling isn't there though. I just don't feel as much like I started out as a weakling and am working my way towards being some unstoppable warrior. I liked 12 in that regard with you being an amatuer bounty hunter and how you could accidentally stumble into advanced areas and get your arse handed to you by multiple high level enemies. That's missing from this installment because of the more linear levels just like the older games. It's a real shame

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 01:10 AM   #18
jlippo

Just got to the big place, the game gets more free whole time.
Also getting killed seems to be easier, happily one can avoid most of the fights.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 01:37 AM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Went ahead and picked this up since my PC was broken (fixed now, thank God) and I have been enjoying it quite a bit... probably 10 (give or take a few hours, not sure) hours in and it is pretty good so far, my main problem right now is they keep switching characters on me and I am hating it. Is there a point where I get 3 characters for the rest of the game or what? I keep getting split into 2 man groups and it is annoying.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 02:22 AM   #20
KasuCode
Wiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Went ahead and picked this up since my PC was broken (fixed now, thank God) and I have been enjoying it quite a bit... probably 10 (give or take a few hours, not sure) hours in and it is pretty good so far, my main problem right now is they keep switching characters on me and I am hating it. Is there a point where I get 3 characters for the rest of the game or what? I keep getting split into 2 man groups and it is annoying.

I like the way they did it altho I did not like playing sazh But keep playing you will enjoy it more and more. I think they did this so the game never feels repetitive. Wait tell you read up about all the diffrent weapon and item upgrading.

Check Out
~CrossWater~

Old 03-12-10, 02:36 AM   #21
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post
I like the way they did it altho I did not like playing sazh But keep playing you will enjoy it more and more. I think they did this so the game never feels repetitive. Wait tell you read up about all the diffrent weapon and item upgrading.
I have gotten to the upgrading weapons and stuff already... I just hate being stuck with 2 party members... I HATE Hope and Sazh with a passion and at least one of them is in my party 100% of the time now . Are you saying where you are it is STILL 2 man teams most of the time? I do not like this crap.
Old 03-12-10, 02:45 AM   #22
KasuCode
Wiley

Later you will be able to pick your leader just keep playing. And I know you can upgrade weapons I ment figuring out the formulas Hope is actualy pretty good.

look here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=53857969

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 03-12-10, 03:45 AM   #23
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

My head is exploding looking at those charts . Still not sure if I will manage to finish this before GoW3 or not... guess it depends on how much time I waste on it lol.
Old 03-12-10, 10:31 AM   #24
LurkerLito

Ok I played now for like 9 hours according to the clock and the game is fun and I do like it, but I am still not liking the real time battle system that much. I guess I am a control freak, but I really prefer the old battle system where I could micromanage everyone. The paradigm shifts are an interesting component though but completely unnecessary if we could micromanage like before.

The upgrading thing honestly I don't get. Are there no guidelines or rules that were mentioned. I thought if I used the something oil + spark plug, I'd get a flaming sword or something similar, but that isn't how it seems to work.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote