View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 01:23 AM   #7
Licaon

Default Re: ViewPortIn and ViewPortOut in 302.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by aritger View Post
Licaon: for your uses, how do you normally choose between the modes that you would like aspect-scaled?
I don't want to choose anything, I just want ALL my resolutions to be "Fullscreen-Aspect-Scaled" no matter what application... games mostly.

Quote:
E.g., are you using an application that uses the old XV86VidMode extension?
no idea, does Witcher2 under WINE do that?

Quote:
Are you switching between MetaModes that you configured in your xorg.conf?
no idea, I just want 1920x1200 ( native ) on my desktop and whatever other resolution that say a game may want to be fullscreen-aspect-scaled

Quote:
An X log with ModeDebug=True (`nvidia-xconfig --mode-debug`) from 295.xx might help illustrate your usage.
I'll do that later today.

Quote:
Lastly, for the problems with "DFP-0: 1920x1200 { ViewPortIn=2560x1600}", there is currently a bug where RRGetCrtcInfo isn't correct for custom ViewPortIns. I suspect your window manager is looking at the RRGetCrtcInfo information and clamping your windows to that size. We'll hopefully fix that soon.
ok, 10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
Future releases should make this easier to configure via nvidia-settings, and I expect the various RandR-based open source tools to gain support for this too as RandR drivers start to have better support for transforms.
So we are going to have a GUI setting back in ? Will it be like on Windows with setup for each mode ?

Also why is 1280x800 missing in Linux ( as opposed to Windows ) but I have 1280x960 and 1280x720 ?
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote