View Single Post
Old 03-10-10, 12:42 AM   #10
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: ***Official Final Fantasy XIII Feedback Thread***

Everything I'm hearing I don't like. I will have to make my own decision though, I'll be buying it tomorrow night.

I think FFXII had the best system so far, it was just the story that let it down for me. I didn't mind the sphere grid in X, but it wasn't brilliant either, this new system just sounds like all the bad things are taken from the sphere grid and none of the good things (choosing the direction you want to go with your player).

Lack of side quests sucks. I loved the monster bounty hunts in XII, was the most addicting part of it for me. No stores and proper towns is a huge disappointment too. This was one thing I though they perfected in XII, really added to the atmosphere and it was good to have central hubs/safehouses to come back to after a mission, it fitted in quite well with XII's less linear approach to the maps.

I guess I'll reserve my final judgement until I've sunk 20+ hours into it. For now, it's looking like once again us FFXII fans are the definite minority so they've decided to take a step back to the old formular with some new twists. Problem is, it's looking like they went back further than any of the modern games. Can't say I have any good hopes for the story or characters either...

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote