nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official World of Warcraft Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46456)

UDawg 02-23-05 05:04 PM

Official World of Warcraft Thread

First question. Has anyone been to the new lands yet? If so what levels are these lands for? I assume it is upper levels and hope that it true but give some feed back. Pweeze.

Also, enchanted glowing swords, are they worth it or is it better to just have a enchanted sword with out glow or none at all. I am concerned with the disenchanting of all other armor and weapons just to get a enchanted swords.

Can we make this a stickie?

Woodelf 02-23-05 06:30 PM

Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

:beer2: :beer: :cry: :clap: :jumping: :dance: :rw: :super: :firedevil :spam: :balloon:

Nope, none of My stickers work.
I need to go play now. :p

WeReWoLf 02-23-05 10:40 PM

There are no new lands in WoW just yet, and the enchanting is worth it. The blue glow (+3, 5, 7 or 9 dmg for two handers, +1, 2, 4 for one handers) gives you an extra 20 damage for a +5 on a 2 hander, red is slaying, be it beast or demon. Depending on the strength of the slaying enchant, you can do extra damage to beasts (bears, tigers, wolves, spiders, things like that) and extra damage to demons (grells, grelkins, satyrs, demons, felbeasts, things like that) if you plan on upgrading your weapon not long after you get it, don't worry about getting it enchanted. If you are planning on keeping it for at least 6 or 7 levels, getting it enchanted it most definately worth it. I'd reccommend the +5 enchant, because it does extra damage to everything you fight, and it's cheap (about 3g to about 5g. price varies with enchanter). A tip for all the newbies out there, if you are sick of getting killed stamina is the stuff to go for. Stamina converts into extra Hit Points. +10 stamina is an extra 100 HP.

UDawg 02-24-05 02:33 AM

What level do you need to be to make these weapon enchantments?

vampireuk 02-24-05 03:18 AM

Enchanting is a very expensive and time consuming process since you have to devour all the green and blue items you find for materials. I think it is over level 100 to be able to enchant weapons. Luckily we have a guild enchanter who we send green and blue items that we have no need for. :D

Ninjaman09 02-24-05 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDawg
What level do you need to be to make these weapon enchantments?

Honestly, enchanting is the profession of the masochist. You have to devour every single green or blue you find to get the materials you need and then spam the Ironforge trade channel waiting for people to buy your enchantments. For personal use it's nearly useless due to the high cost. Yet there are plenty of people out there willing to do it. :)

You'd be better off picking skinning + mining and selling the goods at the auction house. That way you always have plenty of cash on hand for whatever you need. Crafting professions, while fun, are not as rewarding as this. After all, if you're loaded down with gold all the time, you don't really have to worry about dropping a couple G on a new piece of equipment or a nice +7 impact enchantment for your 2-hander. In addition, once you hit the late 30's - early 40's, the instance and world drops start becoming much better than the crafted stuff. In my opinion this is a flaw in the game design, especially considering how difficult and costly it is to make some of the very high level crafted items (including sets). Anyway, the mining+skinning+selling thing has worked wonders for me so far. I got my mount at 40 and am fully outfitted with really great gear for my level (42). Still, it all comes down to personal preference.

By the way, which server are you on?

vampireuk 02-24-05 09:44 AM

I can make 10g per piece of armor at the moment and I'm constantly supplied by another guild member with the materials :D

Ninjaman09 02-24-05 10:20 AM

Well yeah if you have someone giving you the materials, but at end game when you need some extremely rare stuff (Arcanite, gemstones, etc) you're gonna be hurting for it. And I take in about 30g or more a day so it's not a big deal to buy stuff. :D

BTW what armor are you making that you make 10g from it?

I want to add that for anyone considering a warrior, do not pay attention to all the complaining on the WoW forums. It's all a load of crap, warriors work fine and they're a blast to play. As a matter of fact, the same goes for any other class. So yeah, ignore all the whining on those forums, it's horrible. ;)

intercede007 02-24-05 10:52 AM

Are the WoW servers accepting new players again? I remember reading that they stopped new account creation due to server stress issues, and that they were pulling copies of the game from shelves.

I've only found one place in town that still has a copy, and that's the Gamestop in the mall (there are 5 others in my area, all of them sold out, none of them are getting replenishments). If I buy it, will I actually be able to play it??

Tr1cK 02-24-05 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intercede007
Are the WoW servers accepting new players again? I remember reading that they stopped new account creation due to server stress issues, and that they were pulling copies of the game from shelves.

I've only found one place in town that still has a copy, and that's the Gamestop in the mall (there are 5 others in my area, all of them sold out, none of them are getting replenishments). If I buy it, will I actually be able to play it??

Someone else has probably already gotten it and took your spot. :p

I'm on Stormrage and just started a new guy on Scarlet Council.

vampireuk 02-24-05 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Well yeah if you have someone giving you the materials, but at end game when you need some extremely rare stuff (Arcanite, gemstones, etc) you're gonna be hurting for it. And I take in about 30g or more a day so it's not a big deal to buy stuff. :D

BTW what armor are you making that you make 10g from it?

I want to add that for anyone considering a warrior, do not pay attention to all the complaining on the WoW forums. It's all a load of crap, warriors work fine and they're a blast to play. As a matter of fact, the same goes for any other class. So yeah, ignore all the whining on those forums, it's horrible. ;)

I'm selling the green iron hauberk for 10g a piece, people leap at the blue items. Luckily we have a awesome guild who donate all crafting items they do not need so once we are all high levels finding high level crafting items will be no problem. :D

My smithing is already way over what it should be due to donations from the guild, at the moment I can barely mine iron safely due to the high level mobs around them. And yes Warriors rock :D

Ninjaman09 02-24-05 11:37 AM

10g for a Green Iron Hauberk?!? Are they in short supply on your server or something? Sheesh! But no kidding, people spend way too much on blue items. I picked up some crappy 1-h mace the other day, Deadwood Sledge, that did like 25dps and had some OK stat bonuses. Sold it for 8g almost immediately. :D